halford-271214-l229-2167682_478x359.jpg

Greg Halford.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 29th December 2014
by James Hilsum
If you’ve got an asset of taking a long throw then why not use it?"
Greg Halford

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Greg Halford was delighted to use his long-throw to full effect against Reading.Halford helped spark the fight back with his when his throw flicked on by Lewis Dunk and slotted home by Jake Forster-Caskey for Albion's first goal on Boxing Day.
He said, "We practised it in training before the Reading match and the lads were surprised that I had this long throwing ability. It’s just something I’ve always had, but due to my shoulder problems I haven’t been able to use it as much as I would have liked over the last 18 months.
“I’ve started having my shoulder problems again so I don’t know whether we’ll be able to use it on Monday, but it’s something I’ve always had and wherever I’ve been playing we’ve scored a lot of goals from it.
“At the moment it’s not about looking pretty and playing nice football, it’s about winning games and getting ourselves out of the situation we’re in.
"We need to win at all costs and we’ll do anything to do that, so if you’ve got an asset of taking a long throw then why not use it?”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 30-year-old believes that the squad have all the momentum they need to get a good result from tonight’s match against Fulham at Craven Cottage.“It’s obviously going to be a tough game and they’ve had an indifferent season. It’d be nice to go there and get one over them, because we obviously owe them one after they beat us at the Amex last month.
"It’s still fresh in our memories, but I don’t know if revenge is the right word. We'll try to get a result over them and just keep pushing for points.
“All of the players, staff and fans at this club need to stick together and as long as we do that, then we have good enough players here to be able to get out of trouble.”
[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

[h=3]Albion v nottingham forest
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH februARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here