Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Dolly Parton gay ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Stop worrying about who is going to be our next manager...... I lwas gobsmacked whe I heard the rumours from my wife and her gossip circles.

Please tell me what you,ve heard.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
She's married and has been since 1966, so I rather doubt it.

She might not be a bad shout for manager though - some people would be overjoyed to be guaranteed a big two up front.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton

She might not be a bad shout for manager though - some people would be overjoyed to be guaranteed a big two up front.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely she would have time to commit to the role. Seeing as how she's working 9 till 5.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is one of the great open secrets in showbiz that she is in fact gay, along with Chas and Dave. But surprisingly, William Hague has heterosexual tendencies.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
She offered the record of 'I will always love you' to Elvis but he wanted 50% of all royalties to record it and she said no. Since then she has made over $10m from it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
She offered the record of 'I will always love you' to Elvis but he wanted 50% of all royalties to record it and she said no. Since then she has made over $10m from it.

That's the musical equivalent of you being offered the sole rights to distribute Stella Artios and saying "No Thanks, Harveys is the way to go . "

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kenny Rogers. But obviously not Dolly.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

To be fair, Reg 'married' that German bird so it can get a bit confusing. Especially since he's had 2 kids with another bloke #worldsabitmessedupinnit

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
There was an interview with her in The Guardian a few weeks back (haven't checked to see if it is still on their site). I learned that:
- she has been married for a long long time.
- she is very guarded about her personal life
- she has a female manager or suchlike to whom she is very close
- she neither confirms nor denies that she has had affairs, including with that other island in the stream, Kenny Rogers.

Hope that helps.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's the musical equivalent of you being offered the sole rights to distribute Stella Artios and saying "No Thanks, Harveys is the way to go . "

Did anybody know it was going to be such a big hit as it was on B side of one of her hits, possibly Jolene. We were told this by a guide on a tour of Gracelands and the record studios in Memphis. Another bit of useless info from that visit Elvis was drinking with matesand at 4am told his manager to ring the studios as he wanted to make a record. Which they did and the record was made in 1 take it became one of his biggest hits 'Its now or never'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here