Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warnock would keep us up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That's got to be it now for Warnock, he needs to retire.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Warnock has been a good manager, but so too for that matter have George Graham, Terry Venables and Ron Atkinson, but I doubt anyone would be suggesting them for a managerial position these days. The last success Warnock had was in getting QPR promoted 3 jobs ago, but he would have got them relegated had he not been sacked and would also have done with Palace this time around but for Parish's intervention, while his spell at Leeds did not go well. His time's up.

Strange, isn't it? If we were in mid-table, we ought to want Warnock, because his record of getting clubs promoted to the top flight (Notts County, Sheffield Utd, QPR) is excellent. But because we're worse off we don't want him because his record of avoiding relegation is poor.

I quite like him personally, and his wife is charming - if he were really the tosser everyone thinks he is, a woman like her wouldn't have anything to do with him. And he once told me that he'd love to manage the Albion because of our fanbase - he remembered how we outnumbered and outsang Notts at Wembley. But I bet he says that to everyone ...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why would you think that? He shows no signs of being an organised or competent manager. He might have been a good manager once (Average, at best in my opinion!), but he certainly isn't any more. He was effortlessly guiding Palace to relegation and he'd do the same here. He is, obviously, not a candidate.

As a manager, he's led clubs to promotion to the top flight three times. That's three times the number of occasions as all the managers of Brighton & Hove Albion put together. People may not like him, but he's proved himself in the past.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Strange, isn't it? If we were in mid-table, we ought to want Warnock, because his record of getting clubs promoted to the top flight (Notts County, Sheffield Utd, QPR) is excellent. But because we're worse off we don't want him because his record of avoiding relegation is poor.

I quite like him personally, and his wife is charming - if he were really the tosser everyone thinks he is, a woman like her wouldn't have anything to do with him. And he once told me that he'd love to manage the Albion because of our fanbase - he remembered how we outnumbered and outsang Notts at Wembley. But I bet he says that to everyone ...

To be honest, his relegation record is not why I am saying he would be the wrong choice. His relegation record specifically relates to keeping teams in the top flight. I cannot recall him having been relegated with a team outside of the top flight. However, my reservation is that I feel he is past his sell-by date as a manager because he has failed in each of his last 3 jobs.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As a manager, he's led clubs to promotion to the top flight three times. That's three times the number of occasions as all the managers of Brighton & Hove Albion put together. People may not like him, but he's proved himself in the past.

Apart from Mullery, of course!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

In the past. How many years did he spend heavily at Sheffield United until he eventually got them promoted? I'm not belittling his achievements, he's had a god career but with respect to him, he's not for me and I wouldn't have thought he'd be for us as a club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here