Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madrid

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Haven't been to Madrid for years, but have to agree that it is not the most exciting place in Spain - and when I was there it had a nasty edge, especially round the Plaza Mayor. Granada, with the Alhambra, is great for a short break - quite compact but atmospheric. Look at Girona just north of Barcelona - great restaurants and gorgeous old city.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Thanks for all your answers - very helpful.

Lisbon and Porto sound great, But cheap flights at times that fit are proving hard to find. Venice - been there loads.

I think Rome may be making a late run on the rails...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
For a very short trip and easy flights I would pop down to Malaga nice little city, some interesting places to visit, nice food and people, warmish and usually sunny, sit on the beach and no crowds unlike the bigger cities. Little bit of everything.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
How about the Portuguese cities of Porto or Lisbon? I have been to Porto and it was very picturesque, UNESCO world heritage site and the banks of the river are packed with port houses, all of which you can tour and go on tastings!

Completely agree, Porto & Lisbon are both well worth visiting. Would also recommend the visits to the port houses where you can skip the tours & go straight to the free tastings :smile: . In both cities we found the Portuguese to be very friendly & likeable.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lisbon is excellent, we had a few days in Hamburg last October which was very good.

So whilst on the subject of European Cities Mrs Hut has longed to go to Vienna so is it any good ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here