Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Albion will target Chris Hughton to be their new manager if they cannot land Tony Pulis'

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My COMMENTS were MISQUOTED as I was actually WRITING about that Welsh DULLARD Tony 'VD infected' PULIS and NOT the LEGEND that is Chris Hughton
Fake news folks, fake news. ENREST called it right AGAIN.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
To be fair although I was enthusiastic about his arrival I wasn’t impressed with our second half of the season. I gave him the benefit of a summer transfer window and reserved judgment for the first 7 games of the following season before I was fully convinced. We came out fighting and we haven't looked back.

I think that the thread from then is the more interesting one. Can't be bothered to find it but there were loads on here who would have sacked Hughton after his first half season and left us looking for a fourth manager in a year (probably the same people who were laughing at Derby for sacking numerous managers). There's one or two over the top reactions on this thread but mainly people saying he wasn't first choice for them (as I did). The summer poll/thread, from memory, was where people really made themselves look stupid.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
TWOCHOICESTtom said:
I think Chris Hughton is easily the best manager we could ask for. He will keep us in the league this season no doubt about it. Then, next season we'll narrowly miss out on automatic promotion and lose to Sheffield Wednesday in the playoffs. The following season we will be top of the league with 5 games to go, Donald Trump will be President of The United States and the UK will be on our way out of the E.U.

MARK MY WORDS

None of you listened to me.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think that the thread from then is the more interesting one. Can't be bothered to find it but there were loads on here who would have sacked Hughton after his first half season and left us looking for a fourth manager in a year (probably the same people who were laughing at Derby for sacking numerous managers). There's one or two over the top reactions on this thread but mainly people saying he wasn't first choice for them (as I did). The summer poll/thread, from memory, was where people really made themselves look stupid.

Yep, would be good to find it. I might search under "Hughto out" ;)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Where's the link ???

hyperlink.jpg

Which link?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

How about this little beauty?
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?321200-Hughton-out

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
An A-Z of fickle fans, along with a few hidden gems.

What a pivotal signing Tomer Hemed was? Poyet experimented with the inept Gavin Hoyte at right back (thanks for another one Arsenal!), before discovering the magnificent Caldie and his team started to take shape. Swapping the inept Leon Best for the unheralded and reasonably priced Hemed set us back on an upward trajectory and gave the team the much needed focal point.

Clearly others have made a bigger impact and there have been some fantastic signings, but I suspect this was the point where backing the manager became any easy decision.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here