Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has Nathan Jones done wrong?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I'm not for or against... there just isn't enough info to judge the man. As far as I can see he has assisted OK. Why the vitriolic 'sack him' nonsense, he's just supported the manager incumbent. NSC can be so bloody cruel and not back it with any evidence.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We need a good clear out...... there is obviously a common thread whereby we are always a bit shy in the final third, even under OG, common denominator?..... Jones, off you go boyo.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Its impossible to say isn't it. Since joining he has helped Oscar reach the play offs with the core of Gus' team that made the play offs the year before. With Sami he has seen helped us to third bottom.

Arguably he can't take credit for the play offs and therefore you can't blame him for our demise.

I don't really know what he does, what the manager does, what other coaches do. What is he directly responsible for.

If you assume he is there to make our players better I would argue only Dunk, JFC and Lua Lua are better this season than last season. But many of the new players have under performed. Is that because they are shit, or because the coach is shit? How will we ever know that?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If Jones had anything about him he would've influenced Hyypia using his "superior knowledge" of the game to make the team more competitive rather than just jumping up and down on the touchline like a demented organgridder's monkey

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If Jones had anything about him he would've influenced Hyypia using his "superior knowledge" of the game to make the team more competitive rather than just jumping up and down on the touchline like a demented organgridder's monkey

At least Sami didn't do any jumping up and down.

No wonder everyone respected his cool touchline demeanour. :hilton:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If you assume he is there to make our players better I would argue only Dunk, JFC and Lua Lua are better this season than last season.
Is it that they've got better or just that this is the first time they've had the chance to get a real run in the team?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
All I've ever seen him do while he's been back is stand on the touchline and point a lot.

Never have worked out what he's pointing at.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Jones has been assistant to two diffrent managers and regardless of what they said the board kept him on regardless.Jones is inexperienced and i for one will be bloody delighted when he's gone as we need proper men not little boys with little experience.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Those I know who know Nathan Jones well say he is incredibly passionate about this football club and had always wanted to come back here.

I guess that could explain the antics with Yeovil when he annoyed a large number of Albion fans, both during play (per the video above) and with his general attitude towards Albion fans. When adrenalin is really pumping, people can behave in ways they might otherwise not.

The problem for Jones is a lot of people still have not forgiven him, and Friday puts him right in their firing line if there is another faltering performance.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we need a temporary manager. Another loan, sort of.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Those I know who know Nathan Jones well say he is incredibly passionate about this football club and had always wanted to come back here.

I guess that could explain the antics with Yeovil when he annoyed a large number of Albion fans, both during play (per the video above) and with his general attitude towards Albion fans. When adrenalin is really pumping, people can behave in ways they might otherwise not.

The problem for Jones is a lot of people still have not forgiven him, and Friday puts him right in their firing line if there is another faltering performance.

I doubt if it is a large number of fans. Probably just a few on NSC with long memories.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Yes - I do wonder if his behaviour as a Yeovil player has influenced fans thinking somewhat.

I couldn't stand Hammond after his "celebration" for Southampton at the Withdean, but he apologised and played pretty well in the season we had him back. I wouldn't boo him if came back now.

I may be wrong, but Jones never seems to have shown any remorse for the way he behaved towards the club after he left.

Still don't like him though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here