Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 'Hyypia resignation/leaving' thread

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Cant believe people are celebrating; the timing could not have been worse, no replacement until the New Year, therefore another wasted transfer window as there will be on one to chose the players they want. Bent will not re-sign for us now. It is potentially a disaster and I really fear for our safety in this division. Still, as long as a vocal group of fans are happy.......

As some have said in this thread, I do feel he was sold down the river to an extent with our shocking dealings in the summer, but his tactical ineptitude is undeniable. The squad may have been weakened but I don't believe it was weakened to such an extent that relegation could've been a possibility.

Now let's get the right man in, get the chequebook out in January and get behind the boys.

And hope it's not Nathan Jones taking over..

Quite. In recent memory I have never known a manager to be so inept tactically during a match. Honestly, hand on heart, if we gave ten fans an in-game-vote each match on substitutions and tactics I don't think the results would have been too different.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's going to be a very interesting first interview from Hyppia post resignation. His career as a manager is in tatters so nice guy or not, I would expect a couple of references towards our recruitment system.
He may attempt some damage control but I think people will look at his time here and at Leverkusen and see similarities. Maybe he'll get a job in Finland or Scandanavia, apart from that I think anyone would steer clear.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
He has "offered" to resign, that is all. Chuffin 'ell, it means nothing really, it's the same as saying I'll resign if you don't want me, but first we'll agree how much you are going to pay me for the compromise agreement. This will run and run, again the club have got themselves into a position most clubs don't allow themselves to be. If he's not up to it sack him, end of.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Cant believe people are celebrating; the timing could not have been worse, no replacement until the New Year, therefore another wasted transfer window as there will be on one to chose the players they want. Bent will not re-sign for us now. It is potentially a disaster and I really fear for our safety in this division. Still, as long as a vocal group of fans are happy.......
Quite the opposite.

We now have a slim but fighting chance of avoiding the drop.

Bent will sign or won't sign because of other reasons, unconnected to Sami.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The timing could have been worse, any time between now and the end of the season and we'd have been in deeper trouble than we already are. the more points available to save ourselves from relegation the better.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Please please please can we as fans NOT make the mistake of thinking the job is done. The tiresome corporate suits have f*cked this up every bit as much as Hyypia.

Spot on Simster.

I've always maintained that we're in a perfect storm of lower quality recruitment & poor management. We, the fans, should now be watching very closely how the club proceeds.

Clearing out the dead wood is one thing, but the targeting and selection of the right manager will now be crucial. Both for the short term survival and the longer term rebuild to get us competitive again. Who they select could speak volumes about what happens with the recruitment approach.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012

I cant believe there is still people out there who want him charge another hour let alone another few games! The guy has proven to be a total failure and for that very reason why on earth would you give him money to spend....

The club now also MUST get rid of Jones and Burke!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here