Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex Trainees

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Was just perusing Bideford AFC results from yesterday and came across a Ben Watson an ex-albion player. You have the obvious ex youth players like Gareth Barry and Russell Martin and it got me thinking how many more ex-youth went elsewhere and still play. Over to you fellow NSCers. Incidentally Ben Watson scored twice and is having a tremendous season according to my ex school mate of 3 years.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
He was a striker we released at 15 years old. I was sent to watch a player at Salisbury and mentioned him to Barry Lloyd who I was scouting for and he said that we had released him. He is now at Doncaster and had a successful career in the lower leagues.

I'm pretty sure he came through the youth system at Bournemouth and not with us?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
He definitely left us at 15 years old as told me by Barry Lloyd when I suggested he was worth a trial. H e apparently left us and was taken on by Bournemouth then progressed through their youth system.

Fair enough. Wikipedia has him starting his career as a youth player at Bournemouth, I know it's not always the most accurate source!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He did effectively as he was with us as a schoolboy then not kept on so her had no career with us. I can only tell you what I was told by BL when as I said I suggested giving him a trial. He was on loan to Salisbury from Bournemouth and I was sent to watch a CB, who we didn't pursue any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here