Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
bent-l229-2156983_478x359.jpg

Darren Bent
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 21st December 2014
by James Hilsum
I’ve enjoyed myself here, everyone at the club and the fans have all been fantastic since I’ve arrived. "
Darren Bent

Darren Bent has loved his loan experience at Brighton & Hove Albion and the Aston Villa forward revealed he would be happy to stay on the south coast once his loan deal expires to help the club climb the table.
The former England international scored his second goal for the club yesterday* against Wolves, since arriving on loan from Villa at the beginning of the month.
He said, “I’ve enjoyed myself here, everyone at the club and the fans have all been fantastic since I’ve arrived. If it is case of me staying here or going back to Villa and be on the bench, then I’d rather stay.
“I don’t know any footballers that enjoy sitting on the bench and come on for two minutes here and there. For me, especially at my age, now it is all about playing games week-in week-out.
“Brighton has been fantastic for me and if I get to stay and play more games, then I will be happy.
“I’ve got to thank Sami Hyypia for coming to get me, and giving me the opportunity to play. With every game I feel I’m getting sharper, I feel I’m getting better, and I feel I’m getting back to my old self."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Bent also praised the Albion fans for their support on the day and feels the team can be proud of their performance in the Black Country.
“There is always a good atmosphere at Wolves and we showed that we can cope with these kind of atmospheres and play in these kind of conditions.
“They are a good side, they have got some good players, and for the first hour of the game, up until the sending off, I think Stockdale only had one save to make. Other than that we controlled the game, we were causing problems, and their fans were getting on their backs.
“The Albion fans showed a real togetherness, and got behind the manager. The ones that travelled here would have seen a performance from the team that showed hunger and desire.
“Today we came to a hard place, and got a good result. It would have been nice to take all three points, but a point is better than nothing.”[h=3]ALBION V REading
[/h]FRIDAY 26TH DECember, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here