hyypia-201214-l229-2156899_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
20:27 20th December 2014
by James Hilsum
The players gave absolutely everything; I couldn’t ask for more."
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia said he felt for his players, as their battling display deserved more than just a point away at Wolverhampton Wanderers today.Darren Bent's early goal gave Albion the lead at Molineux, and despite the sending off of Bruno, it looked like the Seagulls had done enough for victory, only to be denied by a late Danny Batth goal.
Hyypia said, “I thought the players were fantastic today and it’s a pity for them that they didn’t get the three points because they deserved it from that performance.
“It was difficult after the red card and they put us under pressure. The players did well in that period as we tried to play and not just kick the ball away.
“When you have one fewer player, sometimes you have to defend with everything, kick the ball away then you are defending again.
“It’s easier for the opposition to score if you play like that rather than keeping the ball and trying to play a little bit - but I thought the players did that well today.
“This was very encouraging for me to see and we made it difficult for Wolves. The players gave absolutely everything; I couldn’t ask for more."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Albion boss had no complaints with referee Darren Bond regarding two key decisions in the match - but did feel the official should have taken his time before pointing to the penalty spot after Nouha Dicko went to ground in the box.Bond eventually booked the Wolves striker for diving and awarding Albion a free kick. A few minutes later he dismissed Bruno for a two-footed tackle.
Hyypia said, "We have to accept the referee's decision. If you raise two feet off the ground the rules say it is a red card.
"With the penalty, I think eventually he got it right, but he was quick to point for the penalty, and should have taken 30 seconds to speak to his assistant first."
Meanwhile Hyypia praised the performances of loanees Darren Bent and Greg Halford, adding, “Greg has done well today and in previous games as well. He kept his place and I like the fact that his performance level is quite consistent.
“Darren also ended a great attack for our goal and that’s what I want see more of throughout the season. He’s a proven finisher and proved that today."
[h=3]ALBION V REading
[/h]FRIDAY 26TH DECember, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here