Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Banner Today

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Of course I'm not happy. You'd have to be a total idiot to be happy but I'm not going to completely over react and claim that we've had the last 17 years thrown away. Yet another person comparing our league position today with the almost complete destruction of our club. Lack of perspective. Yesterday we had Harty comparing Greer's support for Hyypia to the Nazi's.

I went today and cheered a gutsy performance from a demoralised team. One man's licker, another man's supporter.

You still don't get it do you? Relegation will seriously feck up 17 years of momentum gained since losing the Goldstone. If we go down, with the overheads at The Amex, we are in Big Shit financially and there is no guarantee of a fast return to the Championship.

As for supporting a demoralised team, what the hell do you think thousands of us have been doing for decades? Personally, I've done more than my share of Darlington on Tuesday nights to settle for the shambles that is The Albion right now. 1 win in 18 is totally unacceptable but you carry on happy clapping. I'm sure you'll enjoy Fleetwood and Carlisle.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
You still don't get it do you? Relegation will seriously feck up 17 years of momentum gained since losing the Goldstone. If we go down, with the overheads at The Amex, we are in Big Shit financially and there is no guarantee of a fast return to the Championship.

As for supporting a demoralised team, what the hell do you think thousands of us have been doing for decades? Personally, I've done more than my share of Darlington on Tuesday nights to settle for the shambles that is The Albion right now. 1 win in 18 is totally unacceptable but you carry on happy clapping. I'm sure you'll enjoy Fleetwood and Carlisle.

Of course "I get it". Sorry your divine right isn't being honoured at the moment.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There are some fans who act more like MUFC with their demands for better performance and more wins as if we deserve it by right, why, I really do not know.

What is wrong is as much the manager at fault as one hell of a lot of other things at the club as well.

It would be better if we all pulled together as opposed to fracture like at present. Whether you like it or not the club seem to want to stick with Hyypia and today was a gutsy performance except for one reckless tackle.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
When exercising my right to free speech today, i.e. while complaining about said banner, I was delighted to be told by one of those who brought it with them, "Look at the prices we're having to pay!".

Yeah, Sami out eh? Maybe then the price of pies will be reduced.

Good grief... :wozza:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
That comment alone shows you don't.

Tony Bloom seems to be making his position pretty clear. He's going to support Sami for the foreseeable future. That's his decision and against the wishes of almost 100% of Albion fans (including myself). If he changes his mind at some point in the future then that will be his decision as well. He doesn't seem like the sort of guy whose going to be swayed by me or you or Bwian.

So I can either be one of those supporting the team or I can be one of those who are glad the opposition score so I can unfurl my poxy banner. I'm not going to ever hope the opposition score. I could be one of those who stops going, I'm not going to be one of those. If others want to do that stuff - fine. Just can't do it myself.

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
I went today and I could see the players put a shift in. However, the bottom line is if another manager can get the players better organised and motivated so we can start to win games then Hyypia should go. I think this is the case and the board need to act fast. All the other teams, who are already four points ahead of us, can nick a win and I can't see that happening for us. Hyypia needs to go.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I didn't see it, but really don't think it was appropriate.

I'm back in the Hyypia in camp. The more I think about it I really don't see this situation as his fault. Yes he is not the perfect manager but he is learning. He was never going to be the finished product when he joined but unlike other managers he was given a bad start by selling good players and getting crocks of shit in.

I think Bloom's refusal to sack him shows that he also sees there were problems beyond his control.

I tell you what, you have summed up exactly how I am now feeling.

Recently, I have firmly been in the Sami Out camp, but I am going to respect the decision that he stays and fully support him and the team.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I went today and I could see the players put a shift in. However, the bottom line is if another manager can get the players better organised and motivated so we can start to win games then Hyypia should go. I think this is the case and the board need to act fast. All the other teams, who are already four points ahead of us, can nick a win and I can't see that happening for us. Hyypia needs to go.
It does make sense, but he won't go until we are ten or twelve games from the end of the season, if the January reinforcements haven't managed to turn our season round. That's the way I see the board's intentions, anyway (just my opinion, by the way).

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I went today. Season ticket holder since 89 (sadly, feel I need to validate my oppinion ). Our best performance this season against the poorest opposition. Banner spot on. Hypia has to go.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sami has to GO. And GO NOW.

Any banner that says so is fantastic in my eyes.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
=Ernest;6718375]To me it is WORSE than under Archer and Bellotti as people are SCARED to PROTEST now[/QUOTE]

Anyone 'too scared' to protest really doesn't care enough, no where near as bad as the war years.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I believe that everyone has the right to feel how they like about a team's performance, if they're not particularly happy when we're winning, or or not particularly miserable when we're losing, that's fine. There's no right way to be a supporter, there's no best way.

But this is really testing my belief.

17 years of momentum? The first few years were a struggle to just stay in the league, there were a couple of relegations from the championship to league one. With a couple of those years taking place in another county, then a further decade in a temporary ground losing money hand over fist, constantly under threat of going bust.

Your second paragraph acknowledges the trouble that contradicts the 17 years of momentum. The thousands of fans supporting a demoralised team.

One win in 18 is bad. No one is denying that.

The idea that it will be the ruination of a football club that has spent the last year or two reining in its spending, working towards reducing overheads, maximising income is completely over the top. Especially when paired with the suggestion that since 1997 there has been nothing but good (you don't get 17 years of momentum if some of those years are bad).

Now I know one response to this might be "I didn't mean every one of those 17 years was positive" - exactly. Having a bad year every now and then doesn't stop an overall forward progress. It didn't in the past 17 years, and it won't this year. The club won't cease to exist if they go down a division.

If the club goes down, the man who foots that bill is the man who has decided to stick with Hyypia. It will be on him, and if he is going to be paying the bill, he has the right to make the employment choice he wants. This isn't about being a licker, this is about being a realist. It's his money he is gambling with, he will be the one covering our losses (as he does currently).

Of course, you have every right to disagree, and to criticise his decisions, but have some genuine perspective.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I like* how we're ripping in to some of our loyalist fans when the glory hunters and DFLs voted with their feet in November.

*find it ironic and embarassing

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
They paid their money to be there like eveyone else, and also like everyone else they are allowed their own view, why people feel the need to confront there own supports who have different views to themselves, I have no idea

I didn't see it, but really don't think it was appropriate.

I'm back in the Hyypia in camp. The more I think about it I really don't see this situation as his fault. Yes he is not the perfect manager but he is learning. He was never going to be the finished product when he joined but unlike other managers he was given a bad start by selling good players and getting crocks of shit in.

I think Bloom's refusal to sack him shows that he also sees there were problems beyond his control.

Agree I know Sami is learning and he is having to put up with players he was handed but the other side of the coin is that Sami took the job on and is happy taking a 3 year pay packet and said in sept he was happy with the squad likewise Bloom who said it was a promotion good enough squad!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here