Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom reassures Sami

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Over 95% of NSC wanted Sami out after Millwall, but Bloom can see something we can't and it is his money being pissed away, so I have a slightly morbid fascination in watching this play out.

Indeed...

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
We don't know what is going on behind closed doors but can guarantee the last people who want to see the Albion go down is Bloom and Barber, Bloom because he is a Brighton supporter and has invested a lot of money in the club and Barber because his bonus depends on commercial success (which cant be a success if we are league one). I think Bloom is well aware of the fans disappointment with where the team are this year, but obviously doesn't hold Sami to blame, and he has the full facts of the bigger picture.

This season has been horrific, but some of our fans are playing a big part with vicious social media attack on our own players, and general poisonous atmosphere around the stadium. It cant be very nice playing for us at the moment, I dont care how much money they are on.

If you think Bloom is going to get rid of Sami and scrape the internal recruiting team/scouting network, and hand all the power and money to a hands on manager then you are deluded. I think he is thick skinned enough to take the abuse the fans give based on his belief in it being for the greater good (and working towards making Brighton a premiership club).

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Good to have you on board supporting the Albion tomorrow!

This really is the 'Through the looking glass' world of NSC, where if anyone backs the team, or the manager or the chairman that they are a Palace Troll or worst still that are a 'club mole' (presumably gathering information for Barber's secret police/stewards).

Anyone else see the irony that if you get behind the team at the moment you could be a Palace troll?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
According to Andy Naylor in the Argus:

Albion chairman Tony Bloom reassured under-fire boss Sami Hyypia about his future before jetting off to Australia.
The pair spoke in the wake of last Friday's 1-0 defeat by Millwall at the Amex, when Hyypia was barracked by fans.

It was Bloom's last game before his annual winter migration.
Hyypia revealed: "He has said pretty much the same things, that I have their backing, his backing and the Board's backing.

My view is that Tony Bloom has had a pretty good week despite the result against Millwall. In the face of a frenzied campaign by a group of supporters he has backed his manager and made it clear that HE makes the decision at this football club. He has made a decision about appointed a manager and he is man enough to back it up with substantial funs for players in the January window and will back the manager for the season despite some worries about relegation. He has made clear that he sees Sami being here for years and I am sure that Sami will repay his loyalty.

There will still be a group off supporters who will call for the manager to be sacked - the same people did it against Oscar and Gus too . Some of them even come on to sites like this and proclaim that they want the opposition to win!!!! (I have no idea what warped logic they are using). On these sites they do have a disproportionate influence and can make it look like they are in the majority but I don't believe that - the vast majority of Albion supporters want the team to win, want Sami to turn things around and are HAPPY with the job that Tony Bloom is doing for us.

I WANT ALBION TO WIN. I WANT SAMI TO SUCCEED.

Is anyone else going to stand up and support the Albion?
You can spout this loyalty bollocks all you like but the fact is Hypia's tactics and team selection are shite, the midfield gets over run we play one up front at home against a poor Millwall side I could go on but its getting boring to be honest. I will leave you to carry on deluding yourself.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If Tony has faith in Sami, and is willing to back that up with cash in January I'm willing to put my concerns aside and see what happens.

Obvious Palace troll, stint as mod, and ten-year member be damned!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
With every post I find you to be a very strange & unconvincing poster & I know I'm not alone in this view.
I believe you to be either Palace, a bit special (in which case, carry on, I guess) or an employee, posting for the club in a very clumsy fashion.
Regards

This post is spot on. And before 'Peter Taylor' comes back to me: yes, I do want Brighton to win against Wolves, and the rest of the games this season. I'm afraid to say that there hasn't been much evidence of late to support such a scenario. And if Bloom is such a man to back Hyypia with funds, please explain why he didn't over the summer, allowing the club to accrue c£16m on recent transfers while splashing out c£3m on the likes of O'Grady and Baldock to replace Barnes and Ulloa.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good to have you on board supporting the Albion tomorrow!

This really is the 'Through the looking glass' world of NSC, where if anyone backs the team, or the manager or the chairman that they are a Palace Troll or worst still that are a 'club mole' (presumably gathering information for Barber's secret police/stewards).

'afternoon.

Do you want to talk us through the photo of you and your wife in Palace shirts at Wembley you have on Facebook?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Regardless of what we think, the team need us, we can't be hostile towards our own manager if we want to succeed, I know the damage has already been done for some but looking past what I think of Hyppias management skills I will not stop supporting the team, I hope others are willing to get behind the players on the pitch and not launch tirades of abuse from the beginning as that will only be to the detriment of the players.

Personally I think Bloom feels partly responsible due to the catastrophic summer recruitment, some would argue Sami has had his hands tied from the beginning given the lack of quality players brought in throughout the summer to replace the players we lost.

This too.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Albion chairman Tony Bloom reassured under-fire boss Sami Hyypia about his future before jetting off to Australia.
The pair spoke in the wake of last Friday's 1-0 defeat by Millwall at the Amex, when Hyypia was barracked by fans.

Hyypia revealed: "He has said pretty much the same things, that I have their backing, his backing and the Board's backing.

My view is that Tony Bloom has had a pretty good week despite the result against Millwall. In the face of a frenzied campaign by a group of supporters he has backed his manager and made it clear that HE makes the decision at this football club. He has made a decision about appointed a manager and he is man enough to back it up with substantial funs for players in the January window and will back the manager for the season despite some worries about relegation. He has made clear that he sees Sami being here for years and I am sure that Sami will repay his loyalty.

There will still be a group off supporters who will call for the manager to be sacked - the same people did it against Oscar and Gus too . Some of them even come on to sites like this and proclaim that they want the opposition to win!!!! (I have no idea what warped logic they are using). On these sites they do have a disproportionate influence and can make it look like they are in the majority but I don't believe that - the vast majority of Albion supporters want the team to win, want Sami to turn things around and are HAPPY with the job that Tony Bloom is doing for us.

'afternoon.

Do you want to talk us through the photo of you and your wife in Palace shirts at Wembley you have on Facebook?

Rumbled!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The point I would make is that Bloom has made his decision and he sees no reason to change it just because a section of fans don't agree with him.

Before resubmitting your Varndean College AS Sociology coursework, please replace "just because a section of fans" with "despite the fact that almost all fans".

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

My view is that Tony Bloom has had a pretty good week despite the result against Millwall. In the face of a frenzied campaign by a group of supporters he has backed his manager and made it clear that HE makes the decision at this football club. He has made a decision about appointed a manager and he is man enough to back it up with substantial funds for players in the January window and will back the manager for the season despite some worries about relegation. He has made clear that he sees Sami being here for years and I am sure that Sami will repay his loyalty.

Can you please post the link that TB actually says there " will be substantial funds spent in the January window" because this will be a complete U turn for TB, as he says he hates conducting business in the January window, as he usually says there is little or no value for money during this period.

Edit: just seen the Bozza post I won't wait for the link :lol:

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Busted_cover_with_logo.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
'afternoon.

Can we 'Jamie' him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here