Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom reassures Sami

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Do I trust Bloom's judgement, I thought I did yes. And I do with the business side / non-playing matters.

But to lose two managers in two years like we have comes down to the Board, they made a calculated appointment with Hyypia and simply have got it wrong. He should have been sacked weeks ago, so do I trust him with on field matters? When he said 'judge us at the end of the transfer window', i'm not in the No Camp, but can certainly be sympathetic to why people might think that.

Of course I don't want us to ever lose a game, but under Hyypia we are going down, half way through the season and we are a complete shambles, Hyypia is not the only problem - BURKE - so get rid of them both now for the window coming up and we might save ourselves. When we still have Hyypia come the end of Feb it will be too late, we will be playing in the Johnstones Paint Trophy in front of 3000 people next season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
According to Andy Naylor in the Argus:

Albion chairman Tony Bloom reassured under-fire boss Sami Hyypia about his future before jetting off to Australia.
The pair spoke in the wake of last Friday's 1-0 defeat by Millwall at the Amex, when Hyypia was barracked by fans.

It was Bloom's last game before his annual winter migration.
Hyypia revealed: "He has said pretty much the same things, that I have their backing, his backing and the Board's backing.

My view is that Tony Bloom has had a pretty good week despite the result against Millwall. In the face of a frenzied campaign by a group of supporters he has backed his manager and made it clear that HE makes the decision at this football club. He has made a decision about appointed a manager and he is man enough to back it up with substantial funs for players in the January window and will back the manager for the season despite some worries about relegation. He has made clear that he sees Sami being here for years and I am sure that Sami will repay his loyalty.

There will still be a group off supporters who will call for the manager to be sacked - the same people did it against Oscar and Gus too . Some of them even come on to sites like this and proclaim that they want the opposition to win!!!! (I have no idea what warped logic they are using). On these sites they do have a disproportionate influence and can make it look like they are in the majority but I don't believe that - the vast majority of Albion supporters want the team to win, want Sami to turn things around and are HAPPY with the job that Tony Bloom is doing for us.

I WANT ALBION TO WIN. I WANT SAMI TO SUCCEED.

Is anyone else going to stand up and support the Albion?

Is it hard to ride such a high horse whilst at the same time keeping your head up your a**e?

Listen, if you're going to troll this place, up your game a bit. Some of us have seen it all before.

You do have to congratulate him for creating yet another Hyypia Out thread though. I imagine Barber's blubbing in to his tea as I type.

albion1972

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Good to have you on board supporting the Albion tomorrow!

This really is the 'Through the looking glass' world of NSC, where if anyone backs the team, or the manager or the chairman that they are a Palace Troll or worst still that are a 'club mole' (presumably gathering information for Barber's secret police/stewards).

Strange thing is I have exchanged several emails with Paul barber and I have to say you write and talk alot like him. Just saying like

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Regardless of what we think, the team need us, we can't be hostile towards our own manager if we want to succeed, I know the damage has already been done for some but looking past what I think of Hyppias management skills I will not stop supporting the team, I hope others are willing to get behind the players on the pitch and not launch tirades of abuse from the beginning as that will only be to the detriment of the players.

Personally I think Bloom feels partly responsible due to the catastrophic summer recruitment, some would argue Sami has had his hands tied from the beginning given the lack of quality players brought in throughout the summer to replace the players we lost.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I want Albion challenging for play-offs (at least).

I don't want Sami doing just enough to save his job - which, frankly, is the best he can hope for at the moment.

#hyypiaout

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So took the easy option in keeping Hyypia. Sacking him would result in his little trip being interrupted.

Don't be ridiculous. If he's wrong, it'll be the most expensive holiday he's ever been on.

Question Bloom's decision making by all means but to suggest that he cares more for some winter sun than the future of this club is utterly ludicrous.

Also, why does Bloom have to be in the country to make the decision, if he does think it's the right time? He might already have a replacement in mind or interviews could be condiucted by videolink. Being on the other side of the world is no real hinderance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Over 95% of NSC wanted Sami out after Millwall, but Bloom can see something we can't and it is his money being pissed away, so I have a slightly morbid fascination in watching this play out.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If Tony has faith in Sami, and is willing to back that up with cash in January I'm willing to put my concerns aside and see what happens.

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
Regardless of what we think, the team need us, we can't be hostile towards our own manager if we want to succeed, I know the damage has already been done for some but looking past what I think of Hyppias management skills I will not stop supporting the team, I hope others are willing to get behind the players on the pitch and not launch tirades of abuse from the beginning as that will only be to the detriment of the players.

Personally I think Bloom feels partly responsible due to the catastrophic summer recruitment, some would argue Sami has had his hands tied from the beginning given the lack of quality players brought in throughout the summer to replace the players we lost.

I agree and it seems that Bloom is making amends by giving Sami a wad of cash to use in January. The FFP rules that they have hidden behind for years have been watered down to such an extent that they are not a problem.

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
Don't be ridiculous. If he's wrong, it'll be the most expensive holiday he's ever been on.

Question Bloom's decision making by all means but to suggest that he cares more for some winter sun than the future of this club is utterly ludicrous.

Also, why does Bloom have to be in the country to make the decision, if he does think it's the right time? He might already have a replacement in mind or interviews could be condiucted by videolink. Being on the other side of the world is no real hinderance.

Yes, agreed. The point I would make is that Bloom has made his decision and he sees no reason to change it just because a section of fans don't agree with him.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yes, agreed. The point I would make is that Bloom has made his decision and he sees no reason to change it just because a section of fans don't agree with him.

I disagree with Bloom, I don't think Sami's going to work out.

However, within reason, it's his money. No one wants to see us in League One less than TB

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am sure that Mr Bloom said all those things to Sami

However things change very quickly in football.... you cant keep losing.

Goof luck to Peter Taylor here, we should always be kind and generous to outnumbered, minority viewpoints :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here