Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bet 365

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Reading this Simster I think you think that the First pre match bet you place has to lose in order to get the free in play bet (Bit of a mouthful but think it makes sense), it doesn't, You just have to MAKE a bet pre match, it's outcome is immaterial, in order to get a free £50 in play which is refunded (about an hour after) if you lose after the match.

Personally I'd Bet on +0.5 goals, back the 0-0 as a cover so you are in a no lose situation as you described. Then, in play I back next goalscorer. It's a lottery but as I see its a free 50 quid (well, it will probably cost you £2 or so in the above situation but anyway) and you may as well try and win big with it. Nothing ventured and all that. As the £50 is refunded there is little point backing something at short odds.

You're right! Thanks for the explanation. So bet on +0.5 goals, cover it at Ladbrokes and then make whatever bet you like with the free £50. LIKE.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Reading this Simster I think you think that the First pre match bet you place has to lose in order to get the free in play bet (Bit of a mouthful but think it makes sense), it doesn't, You just have to MAKE a bet pre match, it's outcome is immaterial, in order to get a free £50 in play which is refunded (about an hour after) if you lose after the match.

Personally I'd Bet on +0.5 goals, back the 0-0 as a cover so you are in a no lose situation as you described. Then, in play I back next goalscorer. It's a lottery but as I see its a free 50 quid (well, it will probably cost you £2 or so in the above situation but anyway) and you may as well try and win big with it. Nothing ventured and all that. As the £50 is refunded there is little point backing something at short odds.

Like it.
£50 on +0.5 goals at 1/25 returns £52
£4 on no goal scorer 12/1 returns £52

Then £50 in play on FGS Lampard 11/1 returns £600.

Profit of £598 or down £2. Worth the gamble.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I will be partaking in this tonight. Good explanation. Reading Bet365's terms has confused me as to whether the stake refunded can be withdrawn as cash or remains as a free bet.? Nevertheless my bets will go on.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I will be partaking in this tonight. Good explanation. Reading Bet365's terms has confused me as to whether the stake refunded can be withdrawn as cash or remains as a free bet.? Nevertheless my bets will go on.

Its cash. No free bet bollox

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I'm getting involved here and I want the safest return possible. So can one of the proper NSC punters just check I'm doing this right:

Man Citeh v Barcelona:

£50 on 0.5+ goals before the game
Cover that bet with £4 on 0-0 at 14/1 (Ladbrokes)

Then in-play, bet up to £50 on whatever you like - but I suppose the way to guarantee a (small) return is to make an in-play bet on 0-0.

It all depends on what your in-play bet is but I think it leaves these scenarios:

Game finishes 0-0: The first £50 is refunded, the Ladbrokes bet pays out, and so does the in-play bet. Probably the best scenario.
Game finishes with goals, but the first is scored in the first minute: The first £50 pays out, you lose the £4 Ladbrokes bet, and the in-play bet is not free so no need to make it. Second best scenario. You make whatever price you get on the first bet, less £4
Game finishes with goals, but the first is scored after you make your in-play bet: The first £50 pays out, you lose the £4 Ladbrokes bet, and you lose your in-play stake too. Least desirable.

Can anyone think of a better way of more-or-less guaranteeing a pay-out at minimal risk? [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION], [MENTION=11908]Paxton Dazo[/MENTION], [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]

Bet on over 0.5 goals then when someone scores you get a £50 in-play bet for whatever you want - Very unlikely this will be 0-0 and if it is bet on over 0.5 goals at around 70mins

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

This.
As I'll be at the game tonight I need to remember to my inplay bet on.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Looks like everyone is missing the easiest money back guarantee
Just do your £50.00 pre play bet on under 1.5 goals in first half and then do your free on play £50.00 bet on over 1.5 goals first half
Guaranteed £25 or £75 either way

Easy money

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm getting involved here and I want the safest return possible. So can one of the proper NSC punters just check I'm doing this right:

Man Citeh v Barcelona:

£50 on 0.5+ goals before the game
Cover that bet with £4 on 0-0 at 14/1 (Ladbrokes)

Then in-play, bet up to £50 on whatever you like - but I suppose the way to guarantee a (small) return is to make an in-play bet on 0-0.

It all depends on what your in-play bet is but I think it leaves these scenarios:

Game finishes 0-0: The first £50 is refunded, the Ladbrokes bet pays out, and so does the in-play bet. Probably the best scenario.

In the above scenario you would lose your pre game Bet 365 stake because no goals have been scored. But as you say the Ladbrokes and inplay bet pays out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
First half goals only

Cheers. I think you might just have nailed it: Over is 6/4, under is 1/2. As you say, that's either £75 or £25 profit

Alternatively, both teams to score (whole game): No is 5/4, yes is 4/7. That's either £62.50 or £28.57 guranteed

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Back over 0.5 goals with your first 50, then as soon as it goes in play back the draw, there is no need to cover 0-0 as that is covered by the draw, worst case scenario if either team wins you win £2,if it finishes 0-0 you get 80 profit, a score draw 130 profit.

or

Put your first 50 on City/Barcelona double chance, then as soon as it goes in play put 50 on the draw, if either team wins you get about 14 profit, if it is a draw you get 80 profit.

The second method is an obvious arb and the bookies do not really like those though.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Cheers. I think you might just have nailed it: Over is 6/4, under is 1/2. As you say, that's either £75 or £25 profit

Alternatively, both teams to score (whole game): No is 5/4, yes is 4/7. That's either £62.50 or £28.57 guranteed

They say if it looks too good....it probably is!
Bet365 has a dedicated bunch of smartarses who sit there (ongoing) and tinker with 'Inplay' bets. You will no doubt see that when the game 'kicks off' all odds will switch from 'SPORT' to 'INPLAY' and the new 'INPLAY' odds will reflect how their book is balanced at that time. So possibly you might win ...... but possibly you will be short of your original stake.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here