Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bet 365

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Doing a great in play offer...

Basically how it works is if you bet up to £50 before the game and then another £50 during the game if the in play bet loses they'll refund your in play stake.

So for example if you bet on both teams to score at say 5/6 and then both teams not to score at 5/6 during the game the most you can lose is like£5.00- £7.50 and win is around £45.

Did this on Man Utd Vs Liverpool game last week and bet on Man Utd to win before the game and Liverpool/ draw during the game - easy money!

They're doing it on Liverpool vs Arsenal and Stoke vs Chelsea this week.

Link: Bet365

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011

Basically how it works is if you bet up to £50 before the game and then another £50 during the game if the in play bet loses they'll refund your in play stake.

So for example if you bet on both teams to score at say 5/6 and then both teams not to score at 5/6 during the game the most you can lose is like£5.00- £7.50 and win is around £45.

Did this on Man Utd Vs Liverpool game last week and bet on Man Utd to win before the game and Liverpool/ draw during the game - easy money!

Nicely planted advertising Matthew. Gaming Companies have excellent social media teams these day ( or at least getting better).

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Maybe I'm missing something, but taking your example if the score is 1-0 or 0-1 then you have lost £50!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
This is probably a momentary mistake, and they might well void all bets when they realise the silliness of if, but I heard they've got this offer on where you can get 23/20 on Wolves to win on Satdi. Sounds far-fetched, I realise...but in lieu of having a money-printing machine, I'm going for it.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Maybe I'm missing something, but taking your example if the score is 1-0 or 0-1 then you have lost £50!

This.... As they say, if it looks too good to be true......it probably is.

If it's 1-0 or 0-1 both teams haven't scored so the in play bet wins...

But you can bet before the game on Liverpool and then during the game Arsenal or Draw - that's the way I did it last time.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Corals do an offer where you can have f*ck all on a horse or a dog (at SP) but as much as you like in the FOBT. :moo:

This could be interesting, looking forward to seeing how this pans out

CORAL have broken new ground by guaranteeing to lay win bets up to a payout of £5,000 in their betting shops on races shown live on Channel 4.

The new approach comes into operation from Saturday, covering Channel 4's six races from Ascot and Haydock featuring The Ladbroke and Tommy Whittle Handicap Chase, and will continue until further notice.

The Racing Post recently ran a special two-day report on how some punters have faced stringent restrictions when trying to bet on racing, and Coral have reacted by introducing the guarantee.

Coral spokesman Simon Clare said: "We have listened and decided to take action by introducing this new customer-friendly guarantee in order to demonstrate our willingness to lay big bets on big races to each and every customer that wants one."

The bookmaker claimed there will be no exceptions for the liability bet guarantee, with the only stipulations that the bets are placed after 9am on the day.

"The reality is that over 99 per cent of all bets offered up in our shops on horseracing are laid as requested," said Clare.

"We take roughly 1.5 million bets on horseracing a week and receive around 2,000 calls per week from shops for racing bets that need approval from the traders, the majority of which are laid.

"The majority of those racing bets that are restricted in shops are those offered up on lower-grade midweek races, or those with an unprofitable shape for each-way betting purposes, and by customers that know more than the bookie on those events or who are looking to exploit an obvious edge.

"We want and need to offer a full betting service on all races, regardless of grade and each-way shape, for the vast majority of ordinary, horseracing punters who like to bet each day, but clearly this does mean we have to trade these lesser events much more cautiously.

"On the flip-side however we are committed to taking a much more aggressive trading approach to the many bigger and better horse races nearly all of which are broadcast on Channel 4."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's a cracking offer - no brainer - they usually do it about 4 times a year so shocked there's 2 more coming up. Best thing to usually do is over 0.5 goals at like 1/33 for the pre match bet. Once there's a goal you know your in play bet is totally risk free. Worst case it's 0-0 at 70 mins or so and you back under 0.5 goals with the in play risk free bet.

Another option is go under 6.5 goals or whatever at the start and then over 2.5 or 3.5 in play...

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
1) Back Liverpool £50 @ 2.8, lay on Smarkets (2% commission) 2.9 for £48.61 = £2.36 loss whatever happens

2) Spend 69p on Odds-O-Matic Matched Betting Calculator App or use the Odds Monkey free calc from their website

3) In-Play find a close high(ish) odds match (at half time good as market not so volatile), and stick the info in the calculator using 'free bet' on and stake NOT returned ( even though it is)...It will tell you how much to lay

4) Become about £40 better off

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This could be interesting, looking forward to seeing how this pans out

CORAL have broken new ground by guaranteeing to lay win bets up to a payout of £5,000 in their betting shops on races shown live on Channel 4.

The new approach comes into operation from Saturday, covering Channel 4's six races from Ascot and Haydock featuring The Ladbroke and Tommy Whittle Handicap Chase, and will continue until further notice.

The Racing Post recently ran a special two-day report on how some punters have faced stringent restrictions when trying to bet on racing, and Coral have reacted by introducing the guarantee.

Coral spokesman Simon Clare said: "We have listened and decided to take action by introducing this new customer-friendly guarantee in order to demonstrate our willingness to lay big bets on big races to each and every customer that wants one."

The bookmaker claimed there will be no exceptions for the liability bet guarantee, with the only stipulations that the bets are placed after 9am on the day.

"The reality is that over 99 per cent of all bets offered up in our shops on horseracing are laid as requested," said Clare.

"We take roughly 1.5 million bets on horseracing a week and receive around 2,000 calls per week from shops for racing bets that need approval from the traders, the majority of which are laid.

"The majority of those racing bets that are restricted in shops are those offered up on lower-grade midweek races, or those with an unprofitable shape for each-way betting purposes, and by customers that know more than the bookie on those events or who are looking to exploit an obvious edge.

"We want and need to offer a full betting service on all races, regardless of grade and each-way shape, for the vast majority of ordinary, horseracing punters who like to bet each day, but clearly this does mean we have to trade these lesser events much more cautiously.

"On the flip-side however we are committed to taking a much more aggressive trading approach to the many bigger and better horse races nearly all of which are broadcast on Channel 4."

Corals been closing lots of accounts today.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009

It's a cracking offer - no brainer - they usually do it about 4 times a year so shocked there's 2 more coming up. Best thing to usually do is over 0.5 goals at like 1/33 for the pre match bet. Once there's a goal you know your in play bet is totally risk free. Worst case it's 0-0 at 70 mins or so and you back under 0.5 goals with the in play risk free bet.

Another option is go under 6.5 goals or whatever at the start and then over 2.5 or 3.5 in play...

Ah that's good! Think i'll do that next time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

If something sounds to good to be true then it usually is. This must be some kind of loss leader to encourage more people in to gambling their hard earned away.be wary of letting a " Flutter " become a habit as you chase a win after a series of losses however small.

You only have to see how some people spunk their v-cash to know almost anyone is susceptible.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If something sounds to good to be true then it usually is. This must be some kind of loss leader to encourage more people in to gambling their hard earned away.be wary of letting a " Flutter " become a habit as you chase a win after a series of losses however small.

You only have to see how some people spunk their v-cash to know almost anyone is susceptible.

Yes you're spot on and people must be careful. However if you're disciplined enough to spot a good offer and just do risk free you'll make some dolla - these offers are brilliant if you are...

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Why would anybody bet on a team other then their own?
Seems like too much benefit money being blown or lack of imagination to spend money on something more tangible...
Oh, I see, betting is entertainment!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes you're spot on and people must be careful. However if you're disciplined enough to spot a good offer and just do risk free you'll make some dolla - these offers are brilliant if you are...

I would not risk it, I dallied with fruit machines as a youngster and it started to become a problem, I managed to quit the habit and quitting completely was the only way. As I got a little older I worked with a guy who used to be a stable lad at Ryan Price's at Findon. He had actually ridden out a lot of the horses that were racing at the time so he was a reasonable judge of horseflesh. He used to gamble quiteoften and I got sucked in a little too, to the extent that one friday afternoon after being paid ( We were cash weekly ) we went to the bookies after work and in the last race of the day he staked everything, apart from his rent money, for the week on a 10/11 "Cert " as he put it.

This horse was in a photo finish and as we waited for the result I could see his anguish, he told me that if this horse loses he would have no beer money or fag money and could not even buy a newsaper til next friday. It won by a short neck, so he got his money back and a bit and we each in our own way learnt a valuable lesson.

All the time the bookies say things like it's never been easier to " Have Fun " and " Live the Ladbrokes Life " " More ways to Win !" or "Cash out When you Want ". Marvellous allegedly though it is, I never find losing money fun.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here