Page 179 of 194 FirstFirst ... 79129169176177178179180181182189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1937

Thread: Bet 365

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whilst getting gubbed by bookies is a 'one rule for them' annoyance and not disputing B365 should pay up the 54K there are a few bits of this case that give the game away.

The 'she' bit. 99 times out of 100, it's a bloke assuming his other halves identity after he has previously been restricted
    He's almost certainly trading. Anyone who has been around the game for a while knows that betting more than £50 at best price (unless you work for the RP) on a regular basis is a trip to the restricted bin. Trying to nick 1/2 a point for 7K on betfair is never going end well.

As a punter there is an element of be careful what you wish for. If legislation came in that bookies must accept £50 bets from everyone and anyone, take a look at Sunbets to see the type of prices that would be on offer. I've no idea what the answer is but I just accept backing at fancy prices is a small stakes (<£50) otherwise it's off to the exchanges.
    Yep, she(he) was definitely trading. Ultimately though, they should pay because they increased her betting limits after she'd lost heavily. That's what is so poor about this case.

A couple of other things - if you want value on long prices, ALWAYS head to the exchanges. It's not uncommon to get 120 (less commission) at the exchange where a bookie might offer 33/1 or even 25/1! The bookies are more competitive with favourites though, and often come with good offers like moneyback if 2nd to the SP favourite, that sort of thing.
    And Sunbets prices are indeed toilet for the horses, but their football prices are quite reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
    Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Whilst getting gubbed by bookies is a 'one rule for them' annoyance and not disputing B365 should pay up the 54K there are a few bits of this case that give the game away.

The 'she' bit. 99 times out of 100, it's a bloke assuming his other halves identity after he has previously been restricted
      He's almost certainly trading. Anyone who has been around the game for a while knows that betting more than £50 at best price (unless you work for the RP) on a regular basis is a trip to the restricted bin. Trying to nick 1/2 a point for 7K on betfair is never going end well.

As a punter there is an element of be careful what you wish for. If legislation came in that bookies must accept £50 bets from everyone and anyone, take a look at Sunbets to see the type of prices that would be on offer. I've no idea what the answer is but I just accept backing at fancy prices is a small stakes (<£50) otherwise it's off to the exchanges.
      Without "family member" accounts I wouldn't be able to get on. Some books are better at finding the links than others, fortunately.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CHAPPERS View Post
      There's also currently a case where Paddy Power accepted a 7k bet on Monaco and refused to pay out 21k on a technicality. I couldn't help but think someone is trading there too, somehow. Not that it makes it right.
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...21700-12921686

Undoubtedly trading there too. To be fair, Paddy did cancel the bet nearly 3 hours before kick off. I think if I had £20,000 riding on an outcome I'd be checking the bet remained live right up until kick-off!

Bookies don't like arbers, and understandably so - why should somebody else reap the benefits whilst taking none of the risk. The lesson is that if you're going to do that, don't bet insane 5 figure sums.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!

Very weird co-incidence that this story should rear its head on here today, as I'm writing about a fresh twist in the tale at this very moment. The piece will hopefully be online late afternoon.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mtoto View Post
      Very weird co-incidence that this story should rear its head on here today, as I'm writing about a fresh twist in the tale at this very moment. The piece will hopefully be online late afternoon.
      Didn't realise it was an old story as it was pointed out to me Today. Be interesting to see a follow up.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mtoto View Post
      I thought the same!

Can you post a link to your follow-up when it's online please?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy Seagull View Post
      Didn't realise it was an old story as it was pointed out to me Today. Be interesting to see a follow up.
      10 months old, and they are still hanging on to the money. But it's interesting that people keep finding it (several hundred times a week, in fact). My guess would be that if someone googles "Bet365" to get to the site for a bet, it's likely to come up on the first page of results.

0 Not allowed!
      It doesn't make me very keen to carry on using their site.

0 Not allowed!
      I've been fighting Betfair for the last 4 months after my account was hacked & £1.5 grand transferred into someone else's bank account !

Constantly fobbed off by their securiity department, if anyone has any thoughts/help feel free to pm or post here...I've been in contact with Paul Fairhaid and, though he said he's hearing of this happening more & more, he can't really help as not a legal man

Btw I never had 2 step security which might be the game changer over ever seeing it again
      My ambition is handicapped by laziness

0 Not allowed!
      It's not looking any better for this shower of shite

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...frozen-account

Decent article again Mtoto