Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marcos Painter retires

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just reading that Marcos Painter has retired from football aged 28, due to an ongoing knee injury.

An integral part of the 2010/11 Third Division-smashing team, my stand out moment from him was him scoring a header from fully 25 inches, looking to the linesman before realising his goal would stand, and not having a clue how to celebrate scoring.

Good luck to him in the future.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Shame. I liked him, limited as a player but honest and always gave his best.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Just reading that Marcos Painter has retired from football aged 28, due to an ongoing knee injury.

An integral part of the 2010/11 Third Division-smashing team, my stand out moment from him was him scoring a header from fully 25 inches, looking to the linesman before realising his goal would stand, and not having a clue how to celebrate scoring.

Good luck to him in the future.

Respected. Marcos can take that word away with him..Good Luck.

BTW. Large One. PB would do well to take note of your little tag line at the bottom there..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My stand out memory was when he deputised for Bridge at an AMEX game.

Someone played a Bridgesque pass to the south stand corner flag.
Painter set off in hot pursuit, for all I know he's still running after that ball.

It was as if time was going backwards, bless him.

Good luck, and all that.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Agree with the last 2 comments. Sad. Always remember him as one of the 'first squad'.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Which PB? It's seems to be a pre-requisite at the Albion that in order to climb to a certain level within the club, your name must be 'Paul'.

Barber for this purpose. Not sure Beirne will ever know what it is really like to have a teams blood running through your veins. Barbers gets it, even though I suspect he resents it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He did the "swim away" thingy which was funny

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Brilliant in our promotion year, he was always going to find it more of a struggle in the Championship. After Bridge came, he suffered by comparison, but he was a solid player for us over a sustained period.

Shame he looked like John Terry.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes. At Cardiff, when we won 3-1. This was our second game in the Championship (this time round) and I have yet to see the performance of that night matched.

Sheff Wed at home 3-0?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Sheff Wed at home 3-0?

Well maybe he did it then too, but it was the Cardiff fans that found it annoying. I don't know why he'd do it against Wednesday.

The Cardiff fans had been giving him Hell, as an ex Swansea player. They went apoplectic with rage when he did the swim-away...

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Pretty sure he played every game of the league one championship winning season and only missed 20 minutes after being stretchered off with concussion away at Brentford.

That year he was excellent.

He also played the ball to Noone, who played the ball to Buckley on 6th August 2011.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Well maybe he did it then too, but it was the Cardiff fans that found it annoying. I don't know why he'd do it against Wednesday.

The Cardiff fans had been giving him Hell, as an ex Swansea player. They went apoplectic with rage when he did the swim-away...

No i meant best game lol. I know he did it at Cardiff and you mentioned it was the best game since we have been promoted. You are probably right but i thought the Wednesday game was a cracker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here