Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Walton

Calderon -- Hughes--Dunk--Bennett J.

Bruno-----Holla----Ince

Bennett E.----------------------Tex

Bent

Comments:

Wolves like to get physical. We must, must have 3 defensive midfielder combo so that we don't get over run. This one was good enough for wins against Leeds and Bolton. Bruno looked ok in that formation, plus likes to get forward.

If fit KLL would start in place of Tex as Kaz is probably our only player who frightens opposing defenders

Options for dead ball situations: Holla, Bennett E. and KLL

Must have a proper striker on the bench, unlike at home to Millwall.......but as we don't have one I guess it could be one of our 'pseudo' strikers in Colunga, Baldock or maybe Halford

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Going for

--------------- Walton --------------
------- Hughes ------- Dunk -------
Calde --------------------- Chicksen
---------Ince -------- Holla ---------
-------------- Colunga --------------
Bennett ---------------------- March
----------------- Bent ---------------

Subs: Stockdale, Halford, JFC, Tex, Toko, Paddy, Baldock

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
Can you please explain to me "Greers leadership" other then leading them out on to the field. I really cant see it in the last few seasons.
Last season all the talking on the field was done by Upson, he shook every mans hand before each game, he set the defense up at corners etc. I have never seen Greer talk to the team, arrange them or even try to gee them up. He too slow now an only ever plays the same long ball out in to the corner for Bruno to chase, he was even playing the same long ball before he got injured when there was no one there to chase it.
A captain for me gives 100%, leads by example (not always good I agree) and protects their team mates, they nurture the youth to bed them in, but go also F@@king nuts when needed In a nuts shell they have passion in buckets loads. Greer not for me Dunk to stay Captain please.. can only get better with experience.
I miss Mr Brighton Adam El-abd he never bottled a challenge and would die for us even though not the best player on the pitch but most passionate for the albion.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not sure it matters what team we put out at the moment. With the hapless one unable to instill anything in them confidence wise because the same 11 just never start 2 games in a row because he keeps tampering with the line-up every bloody game. please just pick the best 11 regardless of whether they are loaness and let them build a bit of team rapport. Most of the time they don't know who will be covering the positions in the next game due to his constant swapping around

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Is it possible to pick a worse team & system than the Finn will? Let's try! This team is all about keeping a clean sheet whilst giving some overlooked players a chance to shine. You'll notice that there is not an over reliance on loaned players and that we've got a big man up front. The idea is that we defend all match with the hope of grabbing the odd set piece or deflected goal. Hell, this tactic has worked against us many times!

--------------- Stockdale -------------------

----------Greer ---Dunk ---Hughes---------

Bruno------------Ince-------------J.Bennett

-------Holla-------Kemy------Toko---------

-------------------Halford-------------------

Subs: Walton, March, Bent, Tex, Clunge, Paddy, Baldock,

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
The loan players just dont do it for me. Why give these loanees the chance to get match fit or put themselves in the shop window at the expense of the development our own players? IMO, the over reliance on loan players is the reason why we are in trouble this season. So for that reason, my team of club players is:

------------- Stockdale --------------
------ Hughes/Greer -- Dunk -------
Calde --------------------- Chicksen
----Bruno-----Ince ------- Holla ----
March----------------------Kaz/Colunga
--------------- Baldock--------------

Loaness on the bench to cover for injuries,plan B,etc

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Stockdale
Calderon Hughes Dunk Chickson
Ince
Bruno Holla Bennett Joe

Colunga Bent

Bench: Walton,Halford, Bennett E.,March,Tex,Paddy,JFC.

The idea behind my selection is pairings. So when Bruno is forward Calde is back, Joe forward Chickson back, Holla forward Ince back and visa versa Calde forward Bruno back bla bla bla.
The central defenders are a pair and Colunga pairs well with Bent.
This should start to turn us into a team and not a bunch of hapless individuals.

The bench is as it should be: cover for all parts of the team.

The selection is also based on availability as I am unaware if Greer, Diara etc are fit.

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
----------------------Stockdale---------------------------
---Calderon------Greer--------Dunk----------Bennett-----
----------------Holla-----------Ince-----------------------
----------------------Teixeira-----------------------------
-----Bennett---------------------------------Colunga-----
-----------------------Bent--------------------------------

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bound to play safe and chose Stockdale over Walton. The rest are all about as bad as each other. Playing a midfield of three right wingers, March, Teixeira and E. Bennett was a mistake in the last two games, but might not be so bad against a passing team like Wolves. Not recommended though.

Only two definite in the team for me, Bruno and Dunk.
If Lualua and Greer are fit they would be definites as well.

If we persist in playing 4-2-1-2-1 diamond, the player at the fulcrum of the midfield is crucial.

We played better under the Oscar Garcia system with a deep lying forward (false number 9) in Lingard or Barnes. This gave the opposition more players to watch when we passed out of defence. Colunga (depending on the referee) would be best methinks or Baldock as the second striker or even McCourt ahead of Teixeira (who is better out wide).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why can everyone bar Hyypia see that Holla and Ince sitting in front of defence would be SO much stronger than JFC and Gardner?!?!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale

Calderon-Greer-Dunk-Hughes

Bruno-Ince-Holla

Bennett-Bent-Baldock​

Hughes has played left back at international level. Robust midfield, bit more up front. Trying to limit the amount of lightweight fairies in the team, you'd hope that most of these lot would be up for the fight.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Stockdale
JFC's mum Gardner's brother
JFC Gardner J Bennett
E Bennett Gardners Dad Gardners Uncle
Bruno

Bent

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why can everyone bar Hyypia see that Holla and Ince sitting in front of defence would be SO much stronger than JFC and Gardner?!?!

There is no way he'll play JFC & Gardner as a central pair against Wolves, no one in their right mind would. However...........

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who would you have playing the left-sided midfielder?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here