Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players back Sami

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
Chicksen, just back from a loan spell with Gillingham, told BBC Sussex that we the players believe in all he's trying to do but knows as well as us all that we need to start getting results, and fast.

'We obviously believe in the manager and the way he wants to play.

'We believe in the philosophy he brings to the club and try and do everything he wants us to do in games - but we need results with that.'

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chicksen, just back from a loan spell with Gillingham, told BBC Sussex that we the players believe in all he's trying to do but knows as well as us all that we need to start getting results, and fast.

'We believe in the philosophy he brings to the club and try and do everything he wants us to do in games - but we need results with that.'

Great to hear this, from the most junior member of the squad desperate to hold down a first team place :lolol:

Sorry that was a bit cynical

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Players always say that. Some of them probably even mean it.

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington

That puts to bed the rumour that Sami had lost the dressing room.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Honourable stuff from Chicksen but if what I have seen in recent weeks from the players is believing in the manager and what he is trying to do... God help us if they lose faith in him!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Honourable stuff from Chicksen but if what I have seen in recent weeks from the players is believing in the manager and what he is trying to do... God help us if they lose faith in him!

They might rebel, and start playing football that is both good to watch, and delivers results?

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Yet to hear ANY player say about their current manager they don't believe in him. Utter tosh of a story and I hope Semi would lose the dressing room and then maybe he won't be able to find it

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
I'd back my boss if he let me do what I wanted, work 20% less hard than the previous one and generally took the piss.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I have often wondered why players obey the manager robotically. If they do not understand his methods, or if they do understand them but cannot make them work, then why don’t they get together, behind the manager’s back, and agree a strategy with which all are comfortable. What could the manager do about such near-mutinous disobedience? He could hardly drop the entire team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have often wondered why players obey the manager robotically. If they do not understand his methods, or if they do understand them but cannot make them work, then why don’t they get together, behind the manager’s back, and agree a strategy with which all are comfortable. What could the manager do about such near-mutinous disobedience? He could hardly drop the entire team.

Isn't that what France did in the SA World Cup, not that it worked very well

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
What else would he say exactly? Sami is shite and we all hate him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here