Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sami Hyypiä

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Santa is not going to give him a Magic Wand

"Friday after the game was very difficult, with the crowd situation and everything.

I’ve had a few days now to think about it and I’ve said before as well that the only way to continue and go forward is the positive way and that’s what I intend to do.

When I start to be negative and to do things that don’t help the team then I would realise that and I wouldn’t be here any more."

NOT VERY CONVINCING

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
You've got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to RUN!!!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sami is not blessed with a Poyet style tantrum that gets him sent to the stands!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Results have been worse than the team performances.

Sorry to pick up on this again, but I don't buy it.

I don't know how everyone else feels, but we haven't looked comfortable for a long time, and since the start of the season we have looked vulnerable in defence.

There have only been a couple of games where I've left the ground thinking we deserved more than that.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

I don't know how everyone else feels, but we haven't looked comfortable for a long time, and since the start of the season we have looked vulnerable in defence.

There have only been a couple of games where I've left the ground thinking we deserved more than that.

Earlier in the season yes I agree but in looking for that final part of the puzzle he seems to be changing every piece and that does not take us forward, we have now dismantled the puzzle so much that we have a box full of pieces instead of a puzzle 90% complete and therefore we no longer look like we deserve anything other than a good kicking.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I noticed that too. It was very telling.
As the break went on and on (due to their keeper, obviously), Hyypia eventually sloped over to our players and started saying something. Two of them had their backs to him, the rest didn't even look him in the face. He was COMPLETELY ignored. Totally blanked.

I don't care what Chicksen says, this team is not interested in playing for Hyypia. The body language could not have been clearer.

I know someone who was chatting to Crofts who stated that the players really like SH, they really like training with him and they are gutted that he is getting this stick.

To me, this is either bo11ocks as we are not seeing it on the pitch, or, it is true but he, SH, just does not know how to pick a team. Every single game the midfield is changed and every single game the midfield is sh1te. I think he has shown that he has no tactical nous and should go. Prior to the Derby game I was on the fence but the two sides he started with in the last two games proves that he hasn't got a clue! So, for that reason, he is out. Unfortunately, I think the board will keep him all season..

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Watched him quite closely v Millwall and he was a bag of nerves. Didn't know what to do with his hands or feet. At a drinks break he was talking to the 4th official while 4-5 BHA players were on the touchline. He is clearly being steered by NJ. That is obvious from his body language.
He seems totally lost and helpless to prevent games unfolding in front of him. In short, he is out of his depth. He is trying to make it as a manager but he hasn't got the skillsets. Not everyone can make it. Its a tough business. He is lacking confidence and this is painfully obvious.
He won't improve because he can't. Its not his fault. He just hasn't got the attributes to be a successful manager.
Clearly, those in charge are seeing things differently to me.

Those in charge are not stupid, Sami is being hung out to dry, in so doing protecting those who recruited him. They have an issue with facing up to their dreadful recruitment process, this is about ego' s and protecting themselves and not having the best interests of the club at heart.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
One of my favourite SH quotes was right after the last game, Millwall.... when he said "This is typical of our season" ... I thought "Yes Sami... its typical of our season, which is why we are 3rd bottom of the fecking league...". He made it almost sound like it had nothing to do with him.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Performances have gone down since the Spurs game (but I feel better about that after the Newcastle debacle last night).

However, perhaps only Huddersfield away could be put down to bad luck.

My memory says we have played a darn sight worse agains Wednesday, Middlesbro' and Millwall every time we have played them at the Amex in the last three seasons and came away with draws.

I am not a fan of the Sami Hyypia system, the same one as used by Chris Hughton (arguable). And Chris Hughton is the one who espouses a high line instead of deep defence or the possession game. High line is more attacking, but there is still only one striker. High line is vulnerable to individual mistakes, which is what has occurred. Or press and win a vital ball.

So my conclusion it is both the system and individual mistakes. And the opposition who sus it out.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here