Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official " Best Mince Pie 2014 " Thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure about the best but I think the worst I have tried are Morrisons Bakery shortcrust no taste at all,

I didn't ask for " The Worst Mince Pie 2014 " though did I ? Go off and start a negative mince pie thread if you want but here, we celebrate excellence.:facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didn't ask for " The Worst Mince Pie 2014 " though did I ? Go off and start a negative mince pie thread if you want but here, we celebrate excellence.:facepalm:

That just saves anybody suggesting anything at Morrisons is the best. I love mince pies and each year have to have 12 different makes, thanks mum, but will try LIDL tomorrow.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That just saves anybody suggesting anything at Morrisons is the best. I love mince pies and each year have to have 12 different makes, thanks mum, but will try LIDL tomorrow.

That's more positive, I want a 500 word review on each variety by Friday morning.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wont have had 12 different by then had 4 so far. On Ceebeebies yesterday, grandchildren had it on, a chap made mince pies using bread instead of pastry and baking it, looked good but until I make it wouldnt know about the taste.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Good Housekeeping tasted 14 mince pies from all the major supermarkets and Fortnum and Mason (£12.95) and Harrods (£9.50) and the winner was Iceland at £1.50 for six.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Canhams in Hove -
home made every morning - simply unbeatable and well worth the £3.50 for 6 price tag!

I'd recommend slipping a cheeky scotch egg in the shopping bag as well. Winner.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good Housekeeping tasted 14 mince pies from all the major supermarkets and Fortnum and Mason (£12.95) and Harrods (£9.50) and the winner was Iceland at £1.50 for six.

Interesting factoid,Greyrun, but, have you had a cut & paste disaster as it does not scan ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I fancy a mince pie right now and I have not got any. Ideally, it should be possible to get the top off and stash some extra cream, brandy butter inside.

I like the Co-op cheapies better than their luxury pies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here