Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oasis. Are they "all that"?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I saw Oasis live only once - in 1994 - and thought they were great. Unlike other bands, they managed to get a really good, clean live sound, producing a very melodic wall of noise. Loved their first album, loved the singles from the second album. At the time, they were fresh and exciting (compared to grunge - a genre I loathed), but it's hard to remain fresh and exciting over a long period of time and I lost interest. My son loves them though. I think people will remember some of the singles and they will always be played. I'm sure they'll become fashionable to like again at some point in the future.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not a fan I'm afraid. I can see that they're good for a drunken singalong with your mates, but they seem one-paced with one sound. Prefer a bit of variety from a band.

Very much this for me too, I'm afraid and another thing for me is that, like a lot of Britpop, it hasn't aged very well. But each to their own, music's a very personal thing and I'm sure that some of the music that really moves me leaves other people feeling cold.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Massive at the time but incredibly dated. Much prefer to listen to Blur now.

Yes, Blur seems to have aged much better.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
They haven't aged well. Very of it's time.

But I still like the first record, most of the second record and a large number of the B-Sides they did around that time.

The remainder of their material might make one decent album if I'm feeling charitable.

Blur were far the superior band back then and have aged much, much better.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Never seen a crowd jump like they did at Glastonbury in 1995. About 30 degrees c that night and Liam still had his duffel on. And he wasn't sweating.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They were of their time. The first album was brilliant when it came out, and the second was also very good. After that, dad rock at best.

If they reformed, they would indeed sell out instantly, but it would never be the same as it was in the mid nineties. They have not dated well.
Nicely summarised.

And I can't stress enough the bit about them being of their time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here