Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tuesday: a day for a new emotion?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
In 3/6/12 months time we might be marvelling at his foresight and glad that he stuck to his guns as we power up the division.

Then again, we might not. Funny old game, football, as Greavsie used to say.
There's normally some sort of underlying feeling e.g. even when Albion were in danger of going down to Div 2 a few years ago, most of us had a feeling that the future was going to be better. Anyway, let's see.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Maybe not. Although it's possible to be extremely wealthy & not expert in all things.
After the events of the last 6 months (& maybe even 18) I'm seriously questioning his abilities as a football chairman & a deligator. So shoot me. Seriously & sincerely hoping to be wrong

I think more and more people are thinking the same. Yes, he built and paid for a stadium-any rich person could do that. Yes, he built and paid for the new academy-again, any rich person could have done that. All Albion fans will always be thankful for both facilities, I know that I am but unfortunately, football clubs are more than stadia and facilities. They thrive on stability...

Football ownership is like no other business which is why so many successful business people avoid football like the plague.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think more and more people are thinking the same. Yes, he built and paid for a stadium-any rich person could do that. Yes, he built and paid for the new academy-again, any rich person could have done that. All Albion fans will always be thankful for both facilities, I know that I am but unfortunately, football clubs are more than stadia and facilities. They thrive on stability...

Football ownership is like no other business which is why so many successful business people avoid football like the plague.

Mr Tan, Mike Ashley...........

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Mr Tan, Mike Ashley...........

Of course you can pick out a few, we all can. There are millions more who wouldn't put money into football-ever.

Not sure what your point is really.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think that the management appear to have battened down the hatches and pulled down the blinds.

Looks like andy n was right and we are going to have to see what happens in the January transfer window.

I think jan will be interesting anyway as presumably the villa players will have gone and I hope we will look to buy players rather than rely on loanees.

It's a rhetorical question but are we likely to get the quality of player to join a club threatened by relegation with all the appropriate contract clauses?

Even then I wonder if SH were to get a team of full England internationals if he could organise them to be able to get a result vs Blackpool

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Im trying Bozza, Im really trying but I had more faith in Slade, Wilkins and McGhee than I do for Hyppia. They, at least, and weak squads. This squad may not be balanced but there is quality there and its not coming out and for the life of me I can't see how Hyppia can change it.

It's all very depressing but as always Ill be listening to every game, wherever I am in the world.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Im trying Bozza, Im really trying but I had more faith in Slade, Wilkins and McGhee than I do for Hyppia. They, at least, and weak squads. This squad may not be balanced but there is quality there and its not coming out and for the life of me I can't see how Hyppia can change it.

It's all very depressing but as always Ill be listening to every game, wherever I am in the world.
They were all good managers. Slade's bad run seemed to be going on too long but had done well before, Wilkins deserved more time, Mc got us promoted but was a bit flighty
. SH is in the Hinch, a tiny minority amounts a list of very good managers, Horton, Adams, Coppell, Taylor, Gus, Oscar etc

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Don't you understand? As Sami says we've been "unlucky" every single game for the last 3 months. He's doing exactly what he needs to do and isn't going to change anything.

We are going down. I've already accepted it.
Not the worst mindset to have. I'll be going to Wolves, cheering on the lads, expecting to lose.

PB loves fans like me. Meek acceptance.

:)

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
No

We have giving him more than enough time to turn it around, friday night was the last straw.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
My overriding emotion is one of incredulity. I think that the strength of feeling on here stems from the fact that Brighton fans, on the whole, are a pretty reasonable and dutiful bunch especially when compared to their peers from other teams. Therefore, once they are angry, collectively, one can be fairly sure that this is well founded and reasonable. It is also durable opinion, and there has been a groundswell of thinking on here and for several weeks, not just days, about the fact that Hyypia is not up to the job.

The board, Barber in particular, seem to be swayed by the presumption that most clubs behave incoherently when it comes to long term strategy and managerial change and they don't believe this is the right way to go. There won't be much net effect, no positive ROI for the settlement amount required. Clarke for Adkins backs up their claim, they will think not much difference talent-wise between the two and I would agree.

Despite what many say on here about the club, in general I think we all get that. We mostly understand the way the club is trying to play football and what the development strategy is underpinning that.

However, the reason that the majority of Brighton fans, us reasonable hordes from the sustainable omnibuses, want Hyypia gone is that he hasn't got a f*cking clue what he is doing!!!

We, being insightful, understand this. We can see when players are confused, we can see when they don't show for the ball. We can see when tactics aren't working, we can read team sheets and think 'WHAT THE F*CK??!!!!' when he plays a self-admittedly flawed midfield AGAIN, WITHIN A WEEK, IN FACT THE NEXT GAME!!

I'm still angry...

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
My overriding emotion is one of incredulity. I think that the strength of feeling on here stems from the fact that Brighton fans, on the whole, are a pretty reasonable and dutiful bunch especially when compared to their peers from other teams. Therefore, once they are angry, collectively, one can be fairly sure that this is well founded and reasonable. It is also durable opinion, and there has been a groundswell of thinking on here and for several weeks, not just days, about the fact that Hyypia is not up to the job.

The board, Barber in particular, seem to be swayed by the presumption that most clubs behave incoherently when it comes to long term strategy and managerial change and they don't believe this is the right way to go. There won't be much net effect, no positive ROI for the settlement amount required. Clarke for Adkins backs up their claim, they will think not much difference talent-wise between the two and I would agree.

Despite what many say on here about the club, in general I think we all get that. We mostly understand the way the club is trying to play football and what the development strategy is underpinning that.

However, the reason that the majority of Brighton fans, us reasonable hordes from the sustainable omnibuses, want Hyypia gone is that he hasn't got a f*cking clue what he is doing!!!

We, being insightful, understand this. We can see when players are confused, we can see when they don't show for the ball. We can see when tactics aren't working, we can read team sheets and think 'WHAT THE F*CK??!!!!' when he plays a self-admittedly flawed midfield AGAIN, WITHIN A WEEK, IN FACT THE NEXT GAME!!

I'm still angry...

Nail. On. Head. Sums the situation up rather well.
You should think about sending this to the 3 B's. Seriously - I really don't think they get it

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Maybe a rendition of "Apathy, Apathy, Apathy" instead of "Albion........ :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here