Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tuesday: a day for a new emotion?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
If, as it seems is the case, the board are going to give Sami a wedge to spend in Jan to try and turn things round, the danger for me is that we could be dangerously adrift by that point. I can see us losing to Wolves, Reading and Fulham, meaning it could nearly be too late by the time the transfer window opens. Plus, any new players brought in will need time to fit in and 'gel'.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wonder how much the club paid Bozza to take over his accoubt last few days...? Hope he got 5 yrs free season tickets for sure...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If, as it seems is the case, the board are going to give Sami a wedge to spend in Jan to try and turn things round, the danger for me is that we could be dangerously adrift by that point. I can see us losing to Wolves, Reading and Fulham, meaning it could nearly be too late by the time the transfer window opens. Plus, any new players brought in will need time to fit in and 'gel'.
Agreed.

And I hate this 'gel' excuse. Only ever used when results are abysmal.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
As much as I detest Reading.....I would like to be like them....Chairman can see whats happening, reacts with the club at heart and makes a decision. I just wish someone within our board can see that we are only going one way until changes are made.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Agreed.

And I hate this 'gel' excuse. Only ever used when results are abysmal.

True, but if a chunk of our loanees go back in Jan and new players are signed to replace them it will inevitably cause upheaval and take some time for the team to get used to playing with each other.

Oct 11, 2005
London

Giving Hyypia money to spend in January would be utterly insane.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Is the OP suggesting that we should just accept things as they are and ignore the dire crisis that the club is currently in? Just all be good kiddies and sit down and shut up?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

and for Sami to ruin them.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Tuesday feeling never disappears, but the Sunday/Monday feeling will remain for as long as I feel the board are making an error in not acting.

One can only assume that Sami is on some sort of probation period and that come Christmas, if results are still so bad, then the club can part company without fear of compensation.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Is the OP suggesting that we should just accept things as they are and ignore the dire crisis that the club is currently in? Just all be good kiddies and sit down and shut up?

Given that he runs the board, I suspect he knew this would get a lot of replies. The era of clickbait!

I know I've also posted, but for me it's a huge amount of apathy, nothing will change, who cares anymore. What will be will be.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Disgusted in the board. Their arrogance is going to send us to League One.

I haven't felt like this since Archer, Stanley and Bellotti.
We're all angry, but just no. Failing to sack a crap manager is not the same as trying to asset strip the club and bleed it dry until there's nothing left. No matter how bad it gets this year, it's still not that bad - not until we arrive for a game and the gates are boarded up.

Oct 11, 2005
London
We're all angry, but just no. Failing to sack a crap manager is not the same as trying to asset strip the club and bleed it dry until there's nothing left. No matter how bad it gets this year, it's still not that bad - not until we arrive for a game and the gates are boarded up.

Did I say it was the same?? No. I said I haven't felt like this since those days. Not for one minute saying its the same kind of regime running the club, quite clearly it isn't. What I am saying is I haven't felt this angry about our board of directors since those days - same level of anger as I felt for Archer? Clearly not.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Yes. Exactly that. You've never had it so good.

Alternatively: there is a natural cycle for emotional change after a stressful event and although people's rate of change will differ, there is a general trend and I think posts on NSC already reflect that. If Hyypia remains in the post then by Saturday I think there will be a far more positive feeling in the air if only because losing again, if others win, would really have us cut adrift.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever I think of the situation and the way we're playing which is so wrong on so many levels. If this manager was going to turn anything round the signs would/should have begun to emerge some time ago. There have been enough opportunities against mediocre opposition and its got worse, not better. This man does not have the ability, the experience or the motivational skills to change anything. I don't know what Bloom is playing at but he's starting to seriously piss me off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here