Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Sherwood

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Good news if Sherwood is to replace Hyypia.
Sherwood is a free agent - good for FFP conditions.
Sherwood has worked with Barber at Spurs previously. Hopefully a trusty relationship.
Good record of developing youngsters at Spurs - good for money invested in the Lancing Academy.
Will get the best of average players - look at what he did with Adebayor at Spurs!

No brainer for me. Sherwood have been appointed in the summer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Which if true, would suggest he has previously been interviewed to know the structure and would also suggest he rejected the job last time round

He's mates with Paul Barber. According to the Mirror story anyway and it ties in with his period as one of Redknapp's coaches at Spurs. The same Mirror story says that last time he only didn't make it because of the cost of his proposed back room staff. With the FFP goal posts having been moved in The Championship, which we voted for, it would seem less of an obstacle this time.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
He's mates with Paul Barber. According to the Mirror story anyway and it ties in with his period as one of Redknapp's coaches at Spurs. The same Mirror story says that last time he only didn't make it because of the cost of his proposed back room staff. With the FFP goal posts having been moved in The Championship, which we voted for, it would seem less of an obstacle this time.

In which case I find that promising, as I really don't see Sherwood as a yes man and if a friend of Barber's far more likely succeed and get what he needs if he has Barber's full backing.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
With the FFP goal posts having been moved in The Championship, which we voted for, it would seem less of an obstacle this time.

That makes the assumption that TB is prepared to fund (at least some of) the increased allowable losses. That doesn't seem an unreasonable assumption, but it would kind of kibosh the opinion of those who believe the strategy has somehow morphed into a deliberate push for relegation...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I would genuinely take a dyslexic woodlouse as our no.1 along with a bunch of ants, a caterpillar and a centipede making up the backroom staff.

Agreed, but not sure about the centipede, thats a lot of pairs of football boots the YTS lads would have to clean after training.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The problem is that most supporters would accept Nobby Arsekicker * right now, because the current man is so poor at his current job **. You never know quite what you're going to get, but I was taken to see Birmingham v Forest recently, and Birmingham looked like promotion candidates under their new manager. Bolton and Huddersfield appear to have improved a bit as well. I know there's examples on the flip side of this and maybe a change would only be as good as a rest, but a rest from Hyypia's way would be acceptable to most, thus the list of candidates currently doing the rounds.

*Mr Arsekicker is currently happily managing in the Ruritanian Sunday League, and was not available to comment.

** Well, you just never know. He might take Finland to the next World Cup Finals. Handy for Russia, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here