Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom refuses to bow to fans' calls to axe boss Hyypia

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not au fait with Bloom's tax arrangements but as a former accountant would guess he has only a limited amount of time in this country, suspect he is normally resident in Oz. That would mean he would HAVE to return there at certain times of the year. Probably no choice over whether he can stay or not.

That's why he's worth the millions he can afford to pump into the club.

Whats wrong with May through July?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no idea what is going on but I can't help thinking that this club is an imploding shambles at the moment. I really hope Bloom knows what he is doing.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I can't believe that some people still think we will stay up under Hyypia because" the squad is to good yo be relegated"! He has shown absolutely no understanding of how to pick a team to win games in this division and his tactics have failed week after week, I honestly don't feel that allowing him to bring in another bunch of new players will change anything. We will get the same tactics and the same post-game excuses along the lines of " we were unlucky"! He and Jones should have been gone weeks ago with the suits doing something they will never do and admitting they got it wrong.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
"OK, we are third bottom but does anyone seriously think that we will be relegated? I seem to remember a few years back Watford or someone got into the playoffs from the position we are in."

Just checked Palace were third from bottom at Xmas 2003, but got promoted through the play-offs with an astonishing late run. Mind you they did have Andy Johnson at the top of his form, before injury, knocking 'em in for fun that season. And Ian Dowie as manager... whatever happened to HIM?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
OK, we are third bottom but does anyone seriously think that we will be relegated? I seem to remember a few years back Watford or someone got into the playoffs from the position we are in.

A few months back no, I knew results weren't good but I could see enough in the performances to suggest a bit more settling in for everyone (new manager and large changes to squad) and we'd be mid table and fine.

BUT the last month or so has been clear the players have lost belief in him and performances are worsening. Hyypia may well still keep us up, but the chances of that are diminishing every week and I really do think we will be League 1 if things don't change. We need the right man in too, it's not a case of just getting rid of Sami and all being rosy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think TB would have to spend at least 6 months in Oz to maintain residency. May to July might be half of that, but he would have to go back sometime during the footie season. And usually the play-offs go well into May.

Max 180 days in the UK as well probably........

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is the wealth he's invested just small change in reality to him?

Yes. Definitely. Doesn't mean he doesn't care about the club, but what he has invested in the club is a very, very small percentage of his overall wealth.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There is obviously a plan............................don't know what it is, but there obviously is one................................obviously!:shrug:

Perhaps he wants to wait until Hyypia is so sick of it that he walks, rather than having to pay him off as part of the whole "mutual consent" bit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I worked for a chap who was wealthy but not as per TB who spent 1 month in Uk, I month in Gozo then 1 month in Ireland then back to Uk. Didnt pay tax anywhere I dont think. He got done on DD and then obtained a licence in Gozo and drove in the UK on an international licence all perfectly legal.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Perhaps he wants to wait until Hyypia is so sick of it that he walks, rather than having to pay him off as part of the whole "mutual consent" bit.

Which could (& already has to a certain extent) damage the club's ability to ever challenge for the Premiership, stay in the Championship & even get out of League one. We can't buy a win & are haemorrhaging support. Which doesn't seem like much of a business plan

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Which could (& already has to a certain extent) damage the club's ability to ever challenge for the Premiership, stay in the Championship & even get out of League one. We can't buy a win & are haemorrhaging support. Which doesn't seem like much of a business plan

I didn't say I thought it was a good plan. Just looking for a reason why we are waiting to act when it seems so obvious we should act, and act now (or some weeks ago, actually).

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I didn't say I thought it was a good plan. Just looking for a reason why we are waiting to act when it seems so obvious we should act, and act now (or some weeks ago, actually).

Yeah, I realised that!
I fear you may be right. I don't believe there is a good reason & think the one you suggested may be part of their thinking, although thoroughly misguided.
I don't think there's a clever plan we're missing, just no clear plan at all. I hope I'm wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here