Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom refuses to bow to fans' calls to axe boss Hyypia

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Relegation to L1 is his chosen option then and of course when it does happen the ST renewal letters will be sent out offering half price ST'S for next season to take that into account !!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
I believe that this is another key point in the history of the club. I think that it goes further than who is manager at the end of the week, or even what division we are in at the end of the season, it is a struggle for the SOUL of the football club. We will know pretty soon who actually does run this football club is it Tony Bloom or will he eventually bow to the pressure of a growing and increasingly hostile band of supporters.

If he toughs it out and SH eventually puts a run of victories together then he will be able to take stock at the end of the season and make his own strategic decision for the future of the club. However, if he gives way after sticking his neck out time and time again in support of Sami then every decision he makes in future will be subject to equal scrutiny and criticism. The supporters target will move on to Burke and Barber and on and on. The doomsday scenario may be that Bloom thinks enough is enough and flogs the club. That may even be the making of the club and we would end up with proper fans' representation on the board.

Interesting times.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That says to me that he has up to date information after speaking with someone. I think I'm in the minority, but I actually trust Naylor's articles. He seems to get more right than he does wrong that's for sure.

See, to me it reads more like this:

"At the time of writing I've heard nothing to the contrary so as far as we all know the club are standing firm in their support of SH"

May 18, 2013
The back page of the argus about Hyypia hoping he has money to spend come January is just plain depressing.
Failed to get anything out of the current squad so let's throw money at him, good god.

According to NSC Burke made the summer signings, which, according to NSC were crap. If SH goes then, given the timescales involved, who will be overseeing the January transfers? Surely, it's better to let SH make his own signings this January so we can judge him on how he gets on with his own choice of players.

I'm not saying I think SH should stay - but I do remember that the last time there was this much opposition to a manager his name was Barry Lloyd and he stayed at the club for seven years...

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
According to NSC Burke made the summer signings, which, according to NSC were crap. If SH goes then, given the timescales involved, who will be overseeing the January transfers? Surely, it's better to let SH make his own signings this January so we can judge him on how he gets on with his own choice of players.

I'm not saying I think SH should stay - but I do remember that the last time there was this much opposition to a manager his name was Barry Lloyd and he stayed at the club for seven years...

I think that the crisis point for Sami was the board meeting last week. He survived it.

The board's logic is something along the lines of 'We aren't going to get promotion this season. The squad that we have got is too good to be relegated. This is essentially a season of change - old expensive players leaving, new cheaper players coming in. Sami says that he needs a couple of players to make sure of staying up - ok get them. The alternative is a new manager who would want to make wholesale (expensive) changes.' They meant it when they said in the programme that the Millwall game was no important than any other. The abuse on Friday does not fundamentally change the position.

OK, we are third bottom but does anyone seriously think that we will be relegated? I seem to remember a few years back Watford or someone got into the playoffs from the position we are in.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If SH goes then, given the timescales involved, who will be overseeing the January transfers?
A panel of NSC posters. These things are, after all, best left in the hands of the experts.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
OK, we are third bottom but does anyone seriously think that we will be relegated? I seem to remember a few years back Watford or someone got into the playoffs from the position we are in.

Yes I seriously think we will be relegated with Hyypia in charge.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think that the crisis point for Sami was the board meeting last week. He survived it.

The board's logic is something along the lines of 'We aren't going to get promotion this season. The squad that we have got is too good to be relegated. This is essentially a season of change - old expensive players leaving, new cheaper players coming in. Sami says that he needs a couple of players to make sure of staying up - ok get them. The alternative is a new manager who would want to make wholesale (expensive) changes.' They meant it when they said in the programme that the Millwall game was no important than any other. The abuse on Friday does not fundamentally change the position.

Yes, I seriously, totally, and utterly think we are going down as things stand. I think we will finish 24th, below even Blackpool.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes I seriously think we will be relegated with Hyypia in charge.

I agree and we also run the risk now of Sami bringing in a few players he would like, and then him coming out with the excuse I need more time for them to blend in.... Tthen we are stuck with players we did not need and it could be too late to avoid relegation.... worse case scenario I know, but it is possible..... I can not see us getting anything at Wolverhampton, at Home to Reading or away at Fulham by which time we could be cut adrift.....

God, Allah, Whoever let me be wrong.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If Sammi survives then maybe he does need that experienced assistant,Jones has been far less vocal in dealing with the media this season.A senior mentor might help him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes, I seriously, totally, and utterly think we are going down as things stand. I think we will finish 24th, below even Blackpool.

Yep me too. Whichever way you slice it. One win in 17 or 23 or whatever is not good enough and we havent even put any runs of note together where you may think "ok we will get out of it".

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Bloom really is to blame in all this.

We can all make polls of hiring Burke, Barber, Jones, the manager etc. but Bloom is in charge, he is making the final decisions and now he's out to Australia with the club in such a precarious position. I personally don't get it?

Is the wealth he's invested just small change in reality to him? Is it just an overspill account that wasn't doing anything, the annual loses just interest from an investment fund? Can he not bring Barber to heal when he starts treating us all as customers, can he not demote Burke if he thinks the manager should have more responsibility for recruitment?

Really scares me that a chairman and owner with so much invested in the club, with us all owing him such a debt for what he's done can just disappear during a crucial part of a season. We're all shitting ourselves, and he's off catching some rays.:eek:

I'm not au fait with Bloom's tax arrangements but as a former accountant would guess he has only a limited amount of time in this country, suspect he is normally resident in Oz. That would mean he would HAVE to return there at certain times of the year. Probably no choice over whether he can stay or not.

That's why he's worth the millions he can afford to pump into the club.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
#bhafc latest news Hyypia banking on money to spend in transfer window: Sami Hyypia believes he will have mone... bit.ly/1xkkKp7

Seriously? It would be better just to give the funds to charity as it doesn't matter which players we buy he will have them lost and confused in a month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here