Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom refuses to bow to fans' calls to axe boss Hyypia

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bloom really is to blame in all this.

We can all make polls of hiring Burke, Barber, Jones, the manager etc. but Bloom is in charge, he is making the final decisions and now he's out to Australia with the club in such a precarious position. I personally don't get it?

Is the wealth he's invested just small change in reality to him? Is it just an overspill account that wasn't doing anything, the annual loses just interest from an investment fund? Can he not bring Barber to heal when he starts treating us all as customers, can he not demote Burke if he thinks the manager should have more responsibility for recruitment?

Really scares me that a chairman and owner with so much invested in the club, with us all owing him such a debt for what he's done can just disappear during a crucial part of a season. We're all shitting ourselves, and he's off catching some rays.:eek:

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Shoddy journalism ,Bloom stated his support for hypia after last months international break,?think things have moved on since then,we still can't win and even a fool can see the team selection is wrong .I thought it was strange how he made a point of walking across the pitch friday to thank the players, it felt like a final act of a desperate man

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The only thing I would quibble with in this article is "the mood has reached fever pitch." The mood hasn't even reached a mild pitch yet. If Sami stays and performances remain the same, it will become poisonous.

Personally, I like Andy Naylor, and I can imagine his sources pretty credible. I doubt that the club would want to make an enemy of the local press by misleading its chief sports writer. That said, I wouldn't be surprised by any decision made by the club at the moment.

What if - and of course this is completely hypothetical - Naylor had already made himself an enemy of the club?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Amazing if true. I cant believe that Tony had not noticed what is happening. I think Sami has walked and this will be the club announcement today.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
ffr.jpg

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
The Argus have to run a story today on the turmoil embroiling the club - and make no mistake it is turmoil - but clearly from the article they haven't a clue what, or when the next move is. It's all pretty well worded - "no immediate desire..." that could be the next 10 minutes, or the next couple of days. If we're waiting to have a number 1 lined up, rather than a caretaker, then I don't suppose it will be immediately. The source is probably very unlikely to know a great deal - if Bloom & Barber do one thing well it's keeping people guessing, including other club employees in key positions.

From where I'm sat now, and indeed from where I sat Friday, it's inconceivable that Sami could be in charge for another game. It's been apparent now for about three weeks that we will not win another game of football under him - I know it's easy with hindsight etc but listening to Bayer L fans and others who were aware of his work in Germany, you have to wonder what B&B saw in him.

Also agree that we haven't reached fever pitch, Friday was mild disgruntlement, all out rebellion is a couple of weeks away.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The trouble is Tony, there could be around 10000 sth's who do not renew shortly due to your refusal to admit you got it wrong

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Even if we get out of this mess and end up mid table this whole fiasco and disregard of the supporters feelings has done massive damage imo and the renewals will haemorrage

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
From where I'm sat now, and indeed from where I sat Friday, it's inconceivable that Sami could be in charge for another game. It's been apparent now for about three weeks that we will not win another game of football under him - I know it's easy with hindsight etc but listening to Bayer L fans and others who were aware of his work in Germany, you have to wonder what B&B saw in him.

Come off it. When we appointed him the vast majority of us were happy. I think the gamble of taking someone with excellent playing credentials, finishing 4th in the Bundesliga and Champions League experience was more than enough to convince most of us. It was also enough to make the board overlook the shite period he had at BL. Which I can understand.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I'm pretty amazed he's still in a job, but I don't think you can question why we appointed him in the first place.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Even if we get out of this mess and end up mid table this whole fiasco and disregard of the supporters feelings has done massive damage imo and the renewals will haemorrage
You are probably right, but swift action to remove Sami now, and replace him with an exciting, winning setup, could just still rescue the situation

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
With his wife and children in the crowd, he had to endure cries of ‘You don’t know what you’re doing’ when his team fell an early goal behind.

That's pretty horrendous given some of the abuse I heard on Friday....

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The back page of the argus about Hyypia hoping he has money to spend come January is just plain depressing.
Failed to get anything out of the current squad so let's throw money at him, good god.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here