Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday Mirror : Sherwood & Riga up front as Sami struggles

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My 3 choices are all ex Spurs in order Hoddle Hughton Sherwood. I think all would play 4-4-2 which our existing squad could accomodate and would win games playing that system.

Couldn't agree more.

In the unlikely event Sherwood did come, I think WE should insist Ferdinand and Ramsey come as well replacing Jones.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Sherwood once confessed he just sent his chosen 11 onto the pitch with no set plans, saying, as professionals they should be able to find their own way to win. Sounds a reasonable idea for our lot right now. Couldn't be worse than the current plan.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
According to todays Sunday Mirror Jose Riga and Tim Sherwood are among the front runners for the Brighton job. Sherwood is a close pal of Chief Executive Paul Barber and was interviewed before Hyypia was appointed. The stumbling block was Sherwood's insistence on bringing with him an expensively assembled back room staff with Chairman Tony Bloom wishing to operate within FFP rules.

Looks like Riga on a short term basis to save relegation or Sherwood for a longer term future but not sure where Pulis fits in to this story.

Now the FFP guidelines have been relaxed after this season don't the transfer fees for Ulloa and Buckley more than offset bringing in Sherwood and his team straight away ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
riga is useless just like hyypia

No he's not. He plays great football, was highly regarded at Charlton and took the Blackpool job to keep working in this division. He's also pragmatic. As usual you're clueless.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The stumbling block was Sherwood's insistence on bringing with him an expensively assembled back room staff with Chairman Tony Bloom wishing to operate within FFP rules.

There were others interviewed before SEMI was appointed, maybe their stumbling blocks won't be such an issue now ???

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hoddle PLEASEEEE. People wrote off mclaren and look what he's done for Derby.
You know how we should always give a new manager a chance, a bedding in period, a honeymoon even............Hoddle would get the the first 45 minutes then I would be on his back. Weirdo that believes in psychics and karma for previous lives, just no, no, and no.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
According to todays Sunday Mirror Jose Riga and Tim Sherwood are among the front runners for the Brighton job. Sherwood is a close pal of Chief Executive Paul Barber and was interviewed before Hyypia was appointed. The stumbling block was Sherwood's insistence on bringing with him an expensively assembled back room staff with Chairman Tony Bloom wishing to operate within FFP rules.

Looks like Riga on a short term basis to save relegation or Sherwood for a longer term future but not sure where Pulis fits in to this story.

Riga please.

Back to carpet football.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
So you trust a story from a tabloid whose writers don't even know where Brighton is rather than the bloke who reports on Albion every day? Interesting.

Naylor reports on the Albion, I've heard everything now.

The muppet just repeats what he reads on here.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Naylor reports on the Albion, I've heard everything now.

The muppet just repeats what he reads on here.

Your correct. His latest tweet............Tony W called me a muppet on NSC.

Bloody hell your good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here