Why we are in the bottom 3...

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
B4vWkXhCMAAaTDp.jpg:large

Pic posted on https://twitter.com/northstandchat

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
That's not why we are in the bottom three. That's why we're not in the top three. We're in the bottom three because of Sami. We should be about mid table ish.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
That's not why we are in the bottom three. That's why we're not in the top three. We're in the bottom three because of Sami. We should be about mid table ish.

Totally this. Nearly all those players are at Prem clubs, we can't compete with that. David Lopez was dreadful in his last season for us, Kuszack was floundering as well and Orlandi (as much as I loved him when he was fit) was never fit! Sami is to blame along with Burke.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have sold gold and replaced them with plastic. There isnt one player we have signed who is better than last seasons occupant of the position. The only improvement is Lewis Dunk but had we kept Matt Upson he would have been competing for a place with Matt Upson and Gordon Greer.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
We have sold gold and replaced them with plastic. There isnt one player we have signed who is better than last seasons occupant of the position. The only improvement is Lewis Dunk but had we kept Matt Upson he would have been competing for a place with Matt Upson and Gordon Greer.

We still shouldn't be in the bottom 3 with the players we have plastic or not.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Including Orlandi was scraping the barrel a bit. SD didn't pull up any trees last year either.

Regardless, the players we have are better than the bottom 3.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
That causes me physical pain looking at those pictures. I still have a framed shot of Spanish Dave celebrating that free kick on my desk.

:(

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
This is totally the problem. And I'm not sure that you can say that this squad shouldn't be in the bottom
three. We have replaced an entire play off squad with players that none of us had heard of before, other than maybe Baldock and Stockdale. We have tried to recover from dreadful summer signings by packing the team wih loan signings, all of whom were not wanted by their current club because they failed there.

We also have a squad that is used to losing. Hardly any have been promoted with their clubs. They have a losing mentality. Player recruitment is a far bigger problem than the manager. I accept that he has to go but had the recruitment been better he MAY have done an okay job.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Also worth noting that Gus Poyet signed virtually everyone of these players. Who has Burke been responsible for signing?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
"The players we have sure better than the bottom 3." But we are -and they're the ones who put us there! Isn't it time we stopped kidding ourselves?

What I have seen is players start off playing pretty well (Holla, Baldock and Bennett (J)) then gradually getting worse (coaches or managers fault) poor free kicks (training ground issue) disorganised formations and a lack of passion. All for me the job of the manager and coaches to sort.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
"The players we have sure better than the bottom 3." But we are -and they're the ones who put us there! Isn't it time we stopped kidding ourselves?

The manager puts the players in a position where by they have no confidence. No motivation to play for that manager and therefore don't play to their full potential. You can't blame players for what is going on at the moment. Look at Bournemouth. The players and fans worship Eddie. that is the reason they are top. Not because they have an unbeatable squad.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
We have sold quality players for good money but unfortunately bought in inferior replacements.
We would be mid table under an experienced manager but under the current set up we are doomed.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton

Wow! Looking at those players shows how far the standard has dropped. Just wish the club would stop banging on about how premiership ready we are. We most certainly are not !.
The way we have sold all our best players and replaced them with crap just shows how the club is run imo.
there telling us there ambitious and want prem football just to put bums on seats.the management process is a joke. We keep going for untested and unproven managers. And yes the first 2 worked but what was the chances of it working a 3rd time.
if i was choosing a manager after last season , i would of gone for one with play off experience. Because that was where we was falling. We didn't need a full squad averhall last season . We just needed a few improvements and a manager with some knowhow, to cross us over the line. Im really getting fed up with the club at the moment as we pay some of the highest prices for season tickets in the whole football league. With nothing but lies fed through to us and a bad team.
Anyway, the reason we're in the bottom 3 is down to two reasons. 1) sami, because at any other club in the world he would of been sacked by now. And 2) the players that we replaced our stars with.
Basically sami though because therd is no way even our crop of players should be bottom 3 . FACT!!!!!!!!!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nice reminder of what we're missing........and that's without Vicente and Wayne Bridge too. An amazing calibre of players in the first couple of Amex seasons.

We still manage to attract some decent ex-international players such as Bent and Diarra.............

You're forgetting Ryan Harley

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here