Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protest?

Would you protest

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't get what the protest would be about. Is it our league position and the fact that the team aren't playing well? Because that's all that has really changed since last year.

It would make us look like a proper bunch of bad losers with an over inflated sense of entitlement - so that's a no from me. I'm sure the board are fully aware of how badly things are going on the pitch right now without needing further reminders.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
My protest is I will not be attending on Boxing day and will make no effort to attend two games in January which I could if I made a big effort like I usually would either side of traveling on holiday.

This lot listen to hard cash, stop spending money at the ground.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Fantastic idea. We could have banners like "I have a baseless conviction this is our assistant managers fault but I don't know why", "I don't know what David Burke does but I'm angry" and "Tony, stop those people doing that stuff they are probably doing that I don't like".

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
No but I'm finding it harder to drag myself to games :(

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
It's a "no, not yet" as far as I'm concerned. Yes, Hyppia has been a spectacular disappointment and I can't see many people confident he's capable of turning this around. However to suggest, as some are, that Tony Bloom is deliberately orchestrating the club's decline is swivel-eyed dribbling idiocy of the first degree. I'm fairly sure he'll be as mortified as most of us at the current turn of events, perhaps more so bearing in mind the amount of skin he's got in the game. Even if it costs the club a fortune to buy out Sami's contract I think that's a price Bloom will be prepared to pay if the inexorable slide towards relegation continues. If we're still bottom 3 by the end of January and Sami's still in-situ then wider protests will be entirely justified.

el punal

There are several threads suggesting a protest? So who would join in with a protest about how the club is being run.

And yes I know we have a lot to thank tony for but the way us fans are being treated is shocking

In what way are us fans being treated that's shocking? Not a dig, but have you had a bad experience somewhere along the line?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's not. He is the majority shareholder and Chairman. He does not own the club.

The difference is minimal it is as another thread says, that he has so much sway that a board meeting is a waste of time as nobody else gets a say in what is happening.

It was described on the other thread as a dictatorship so what is the point of a protest.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
No way. I find much of the anger aimed at the board to be pretty pathetic. It's all well and good criticising Burke, Barber and Bloom (albeit to a lesser extent) but do we really know what their remit is/was? Burke is being slaughtered left, right and centre but as far as I'm aware he is not responsible for identifying players. I'd assume he trusts his scouts for that. His job is to oversee the work done by the scouting department and to handle the negotiations and keep things in check financially. From what I've read he's fulfilled his duty in that regard.

Like it or lump it every club with an ounce of ambition has a man in charge like Barber. That probably extends to any business interested in turning a profit (in this instance, accomplishing promotion/staying up). I know that hearing stories of penny-pinching by the club dents the romanitcised ideals we wish the club to represent but this is the 21st century and you have to be realistic. Anybody of a certain vintage will remember Mr Bamber throwing money at this club and largely failing.

We are in such an envious position right now and that is so easily forgotten. We have a state of the art Stadium, Training facility and Academy. 10 years ago if someone would have asked you if you would have taken all that for a season struggling at the bottom of the 2nd tier of English football I believe that the general concencus would've said "Yes!". Bloom et al are human. This means that on occasion mistakes will be made. Hopefully these mistakes will never be repeated as the people involved and the club as a whole will learn and grow from them. Hopefully they get chance to do this from the comfort of the championship too!

Everyone knows that the replacements this summer were of an inadequate quality. The amount of loan signings proves this. Can this issue be sorted in January? I believe so. With the introduction of 1 or 2 different ideas I think we'll be fine. It's in the summer where the real work will have to be done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here