Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most clueless manager we've had in decades

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
So we concede 3 goals in 20 minutes vs Derby, Ince is brought on, tightens up the defence and is one of our best players. Fast forward a week and we're back to the most lightweight midfield in the Championship again with Gardner, JFC and Tex. Gardner makes the error for the goal and jogs off unassumingly, Stockdale once again lets in their only shot on target (I'll be accused of 'hating' him probably but how many times has that happened this season?). If Sami doesn't go tonight I give up.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Was it Gardner's error for the goal? Seemed to me that JFC missed two tackles in the lead up to it.
How can Holla not get a game? What does Ince need to do to keep his place? What more does JFC need to do for the manager to realise he needs a break?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Was it Gardner's error for the goal? Seemed to me that JFC missed two tackles in the lead up to it.
How can Holla not get a game? What does Ince need to do to keep his place? What more does JFC need to do for the manager to realise he needs a break?

Gardner made a terrible clearance, a couple of players missed tackles and Stockdale reacted slowly failing to narrow the angle. Summed up the night to be honest.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
If we were where we were because we had a definite league 1 squad I wouldn't mind, we have no Divine right to expect a promotion battling season all the time but that isn't the problem and how some fans can think otherwise baffles me
HYPPIA is SHiT!!!
He Hasn't a Clue what he's doing his team selection is so inept I honestly believe a vote of NSC fans would pick a stronger more adept team UN****INGBELIEVABLE!!
Bloom is the most surprising aspect, had immense respect for him til now but quickly losing his integrity

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Yeah, I thought it was mainly JFC's fault: he should have got it away well beforehand. I also think that he's too harshly criticised on here - he's young and he's played virtually every game, he needs a break
Stockdale reacted slowly failing to narrow the angle. Summed up the night to be honest.

Bit harsh to blame Stockdale: he was out pretty quickly, Gregory just dinked it over him

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Gardner made a terrible clearance, a couple of players missed tackles and Stockdale reacted slowly failing to narrow the angle. Summed up the night to be honest.

Incorrect.

JFC was the culprit. I must admit I made the same mistake blaming Gardner but it was JFC on the replay. If Dunk hadn't slipped over he may have got a saving tackle in, but it wasn't to be.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Worst manager since Hinshelwood. Many more defeats and he'll simply be the worst ever.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Incorrect.

JFC was the culprit. I must admit I made the same mistake blaming Gardner but it was JFC on the replay. If Dunk hadn't slipped over he may have got a saving tackle in, but it wasn't to be.

Fair enough. Think both JFC and Gardner are out of their depth tbh... But I honestly thought it was Gardner so cheers for pointing that out.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Who gives a flying feck who was responsible for their goal -- we're absolute shit and at this rate will not wijn another game all season. Bloom - pull your finger out of your arse and sort it.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
He does seem completely clueless when it comes to selection and tactics, but where I am completely losing my patience is in his coaching. Even if you don't like what Burke is doing with player acquisition he does not coach the players - Hyppia does. So their basic inability to pass the ball 5 yards, take a corner without hitting the first defender or crossing the ball directly to the keeper is where he needs to start taking some responsibility. Much is made on here of JFC's under 21 credentials so he must have some talent but Sami seems to be coaching it out of him from the evidence I am seeing. The same is true of the Villa loanees - they must have ability or they would not have been signed initially by Villa.

It feels like Case rather than Hinshelwood but clueless is the right word.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Incorrect.

it was JFC who messed up for the goal, but basically all of them were clueless. Demoralised and no direction. Earlier in the season we lost games with some decent performances, those days are gone. We now have no perfromance from anyone

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Gardener has the worst long range shot in the developed World, but pathetically still keeps trying so he can tell his mates he has scored a Worldy back home. Disgraceful behaviour on behalf of the team, he just doesn't care if they miss, he loses nothing

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Gardener has the worst long range shot in the developed World, but pathetically still keeps trying so he can tell his mates he has scored a Worldy back home. Disgraceful behaviour on behalf of the team, he just doesn't care if they miss, he loses nothing

Yep id like to see this fools ratio of shots against goals or at least on target!

Probably makes Barn door billy look lethal in comparison !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Certainly at least as clueless as Case but he does have capable players at his disposal so yeah, the worst Brighton manager I have seen in 40 years. I have no idea what Bloom is doing leaving him in charge. It's mind boggling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here