Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia IN or Out - Surely his time is up.

Hyypia, In or Out - For the last time?

• IN

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 262 96.0%

• Total voters

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
250 voters, from an average attendance of 20,000(ish). Hardly a proportionate representation.

I think if you looked at your stats. books - 250 is likely to transfer to a larger number quite
respectably (since being on-line people is not really a critical demographic) - so it is plain wrong to
make the assumption you are making.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I think if you looked at your stats. books - 250 is likely to transfer to a larger number quite
respectably (since being on-line people is not really a critical demographic) - so it is plain wrong to
make the assumption you are making.

I like the words 'likely' and 'assumption'.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I like the words 'likely' and 'assumption'.

To put it another way - if everyone who voted in the poll had never been to an Albion
match or were in a specific age bracket, just for the sake of argument,
then you might have a point. But we are not - we are average Albion supporters, like
the remaining 20000+.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
To put it another way - if everyone who voted in the poll had never been to an Albion
match or were in a specific age bracket, just for the sake of argument,
then you might have a point. But we are not - we are average Albion supporters, like
the remaining 20000+.

Do you not feel that, in the same manner you state the possible age bracket, that persons posting on a forum might also fall into a bracket also?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sometimes the only way to put an end to a bad situation is to make a change.

I have wanted him to turn it around but now feel that we have reached a point where i think that his belief in his ability to do that has gone. The lack of wins has just left the team and manager without any confidence and with the discontent in the crowd, i think it has gone too far now for it to be saved.

It's a shame really as i had hoped that his more attacking approach and tactics could have worked (especially after the dull football under Garcia) but unfortunately we didn't get the results early on that this approach deserved and now i feel that with the fans feelings towards his continued management being so strongly against, i just can't see him getting the results anytime soon to change their minds and also get the teams confidence back and the only real way to get out of this slump now i feel is with a clean break and by resetting everything under a new manager. Hopefully the fans can then re-focus their energies on getting behind an lifting the team and hopefully we will be able to climb the table to safety once again, and that the players can find their confidence again and get back to winning ways.

It's hard and the reason i was willing to give Hyypia so long was that we weren't being outplayed (except Derby away) and we weren't losing many games (until Fulham at home) but just drawing far too many games and i had hoped that we could go from draws to wins but now our results have gone the wrong way and with the already lowered confidence of a lack of wins, it would be very difficult to go on a winning run imo.

So with regret, it's an out from me

This is a fair assessment. I don't like the sack-at-any-opportunity culture that pervades the game at present. There were positive signs -- I thought the performance against Cardiff was excellent -- but in the last month and especially since Fulham it's become obvious that it's just not working.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was not aiming simply at ages, more opinion and willingness to express such in public

Unless there is another random group of 250+ that can be used for comparison, the findings from this particular group can be taken at face value (plus or minus a percentage, the exact size of which can be argued till the cows come home). It can hardly be said that NSCers are all in agreement all the time (therefore not as such a specific interest group as you seem to be suggesting) - so 90% is sufficient to suggest it is representative of a larger cross section.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I don't know obviously, but this is the internet world of 2014 not 1990's.

Cant believe hes still here , very depressing. I would say he must win the wolves game or hel be gone, but ive been saying that for about a month now. Nearly 96 pecent of albion fans want him gone and the otner 4 pecent are probably palace fans.
we cant all be wrong can we ? I just don't understand blooms thinking. Hyypia just has nothing in his management that says he can turn this around. Bloom may be exempt from criticism in the eyes of some, but if we get relegated and bloom does nothing then im afraid a lot of serious questions will be asked.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Do you not feel that, in the same manner you state the possible age bracket, that persons posting on a forum might also fall into a bracket also?

Possibly but knowing many on here and seeing the state of them they are definately not in the 20 something social networking demographic.

Me included....

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Unless there is another random group of 250+ that can be used for comparison, the findings from this particular group can be taken at face value (plus or minus a percentage, the exact size of which can be argued till the cows come home). It can hardly be said that NSCers are all in agreement all the time (therefore not as such a specific interest group as you seem to be suggesting) - so 90% is sufficient to suggest it is representative of a larger cross section.

You know what, I think you're right. Was a 'Sami Out' convert at the Derby game and coincidentally was bored with the Rams/Chelsea game so had to ask the question. Still going to Wolves though ???

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

This.

And just to add I would put a heck of a lot of money on the median age of NSC forum users being very similar
(e.g., + or - 2 years) of the actual median of the 20000 who go to the Amex.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm astonished that some people have voted "in". Presumably these are the people the club believe are a more representative sample of Albion Fans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here