Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett Backs Hyypia

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
You're the mug, working for a boss you hate. And I am sure he is always asking what you are doing because you seem to spend a lot of time shoving the voodoo Sami doll up your arse.

Can't criticise him in public as my cards would be marked so am nice to his face and when work friends are around. He's shit at his job but the directors like him for some reason.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Let's ask the rest of the teams if we can play them at training then if we are that brilliant.
WTF goes wrong on a Saturday if we are so good during the week Mr.Bennett?

Maybe we're doing too much in the week,...,anyway Bennett is a long way from being able to claim his own monster performances to drag us up the table, maybe he's trying to shore up his own starting place?

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
What a load of bullshit. Solly has only just come back from injury, and do you remember the free kick he took in the last few minutes?

If you are expecting March to come on and become an instant hero, you are deluded.

Your opinion is your opinion, I never said March would be an instant hero just a far far better choice than the one he made of Ince which made the shape of the team pretty wonky!!

I also remember us basically tackling each other at free kicks or generally booting them miles over the bar all day also....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In a time of crisis for the club and for the manager the fact that the interview has been conducted with a loanee is worrying on a number of levels.

I want to know what Greer, Dunk and Calde think about the manager, not a "temp" with a vested interested in keeping Hyypia in place.

That's a good point, Bennett's view carries even less weight - but I just hate these kind of stories full stop. They are invariably meaningless. A player asked that question in circumstances as these will 99 times out of 100 say they back the manager, or come up with some form of words that the journalist can run as 'he backs the manager'.

But even if he hated his guts and thought he was the worst manager on the planet, he wouldn't say so while both were still at the club. I suppose you still have to ask just in case, but you can't read anything in to the reply unless it departs from cliché and sounds like it came from the heart (it hardly ever does).

Given you know what will be said, it's one of those occasions when tone and body language tells you a lot. If the player is looking at the floor and slipping into autopilot mode, you can deduce that things are very far from okay in the dressing room.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
“The manager is working as hard as he can. We are putting on brilliant training sessions, he is talking to the lads constantly, we have meetings about the opposition. I don’t see how he can do anymore.” ..............http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb..._all_the_blame_on_boss_for_Albion_s_troubles/

That's good enough for me, from someone we should all respect and who is really ITK.

Isn't the quotesd statement observing the obvious, is working hard in training, talking to the 'lads' and having meetings about the opposition what every team should be doing as a matter of course. I'm not interested in what happens in training in the same way i'm not interested in favourite bands rehearsals. I just want to see a WIN!!!!!!!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Being a good manager is about more than just training the players during the week, you need to be able control your team from the touchline chopping and changing things around when needed. It's no good being a good hard working coach but not having the tactical brain to manage a team when your job is manager, in all honesty Hyypia would probably make a better coach or assistant manager than he's proved to be so far as a manager.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This is what always happens, after he's gone they'll be falling over themselves to stick the knife in.

Especially in Bennett's situation, he's here specifically because he hasn't been getting first team football, it really wouldn't be a good idea for him to start criticising the manager in public.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well it's good enough for me and that's all that counts.

Everyone on here who has a bad opinion of Sami do not have the luxury of seeing what is going on in training. Burnley had a poor season before they were promoted so a fight at the bottom makes you stronger.

Well done for putting your head above the parapet

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Well it's good enough for me and that's all that counts.

Everyone on here who has a bad opinion of Sami do not have the luxury of seeing what is going on in training. Burnley had a poor season before they were promoted so a fight at the bottom makes you stronger.

To an extent, I can see what you mean. I coached a very good youth side for 2 years and from the 2 long training sessions a week, I knew which lad would eg let me down if the going got tough and also which would shine in adversity. SH sees them far more often that this, and so will have a good idea as to his player's strengths and weaknesses, and of course we fans do not see this. We question why so and so plays, but he will see their general effort, ability and attitude. But it still begs so many questions, not the least his actual ability to motivate the players.

Felpham Seagull

May 15, 2013
Felpham
I hate my boss and he's a complete arse hole, hold on, he's came in, hello John. What are you doing Skylar? Just posting saying I've got the best boss in the world. Thanks Skylar that's nice of you and hope to see you at the works do? Yes (No chance you mug).

nice one spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here