Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia Millwall press conference.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The personal abuse aimed at Sami is absolutely disgusting, I'm with everyone that his job is in trouble and rightly so, but I've seen several people calling him the c-bomb and some even worse things, bad manager or not that sort of abuse is out of order.

Let's all put that nonsense to one side and get behind the team tomorrow, unfortunately I can see the atmosphere being similar to here with abuse from the off but the team need our support, regardless of any ill feeling towards Hyppia.

Couldn't agree more, some of the posters on this board should be utterly embarrassed at the childish abuse levelled at Hyppia.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
maybe I am wrong but listening to him and looking what he has said to the Argus he says this game is very important to him (and all of us) reading between the lines ..............................it might be one way or another his last game?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
maybe I am wrong but listening to him and looking what he has said to the Argus he says this game is very important to him (and all of us) reading between the lines ..............................it might be one way or another his last game?

If we lose, it surely must be his last game.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Q - missing a few people, how are the others?
A - KLL out, not able to train. Sam doesn't look good but have 24hr to make a decisions
Q - frustrated?
A - its part of football. need to adapt to injuries.
Q - how are you this week?
A -atmo is positive here, important game, dont expect less from players than any other game. need to make sure we do everything we can
Q - Do you worry that stakes are high...if you conceeded / atmo in stadium
A - we are resp for making atmo good, we get them behind us. its 90mins. doesn't change much if they score...dont get nervous. obvious want to score and keep clean sheet. we will get the people behind us (score etc...). Need fans more than any other time.
Q - Milwall...what do they pose?
A - The Manager tells you everything, the team has same as manager. They will come to fight and get something from the game. We need to be prepared for the fight and our quality can win the game.
Q - EB extended, will Bent?
A - i have had lots on my mind. It is very important we turn the corner first. We need to win and be consistent on fri.
Q - Bent an asset against Fulham
A - Bent is great player, would like to keep him but not sure if its possible.
Q - You have played big games, (regarding) rivalries...whats it like to be in those games
A - i remember liverpool when played Everton /United it meant a lot to fans. They looked forward to the games than the players. Just one game amongst many. Not really mattered, always got to win no matter who you play. need to prep the same. Professionalism. I hope our players have that mentality.
Q - How important is the game? for you and club.
A - don't have to talk anymore about the importance of the game. everyone knows its an important game but its a game amongst other games. we can talk after the game how it feels.
Q - ???? holaway
A - i look forward as much as to go against other managers. no difference
Q - How much can you do on the training ground?
A - Attitude is to train to get the confidence and get the rhythm. Good intensity in training. No reason why cant do it in game. struggle over 90mins intensity. Difficult to explain. need to have everyone up for the task.
Q - Millwall struggling, any priority on those around you (in league) or play the same as you do against other teams?
A - think if you start to pay attention / direct rival / in league its not the right way to approach Everyone knows its important and everyone wants to turn the corner. Hope it will be tomorrow night.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Uninspiring is the only suitable adjective for this press conference...jeepers, it does make one wonder. His response to a reasonable question about big derby matches against Everton and Man U was that of an automaton. He makes Tiger Woods' press conferences look informative!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The personal abuse aimed at Sami is absolutely disgusting, I'm with everyone that his job is in trouble and rightly so, but I've seen several people calling him the c-bomb and some even worse things, bad manager or not that sort of abuse is out of order.

Let's all put that nonsense to one side and get behind the team tomorrow, unfortunately I can see the atmosphere being similar to here with abuse from the off but the team need our support, regardless of any ill feeling towards Hyppia.

Tomorrow might be too late Wiz!?!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm on no wind up. You want to lay of those drugs then you'll be back to reality and smell the coffee like the majority of us.

The irony of you calling me a numpty. :lolol: there is no excuse for personal abuse aimed at Hyppia, nobody has defended his management we all know his job is in severe danger, doesn't make it ok to call another person a c*nt though.

As far as I'm aware Bloom hasn't been called a **** for the woeful recruitment in the summer.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm on no wind up. You want to lay of those drugs then you'll be back to reality and smell the coffee like the majority of us.

Everyone is aware that he's not really the man for the job, but there's no need to be personally abusive towards him. I'm sure you can put your frustrations forward articulately?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
after listening to the interview properly after doing the type up i think there was something else in the 'lets talk after the game' comment. Does he know he has 1 game left? it gave me that impression. maybe i am reading too much into it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not going to lie but i'm fed up giving Hyypia my backing. No doubt i will again though until the match is over but it's about time he delivered.

To me tomorrow is D-Day for him. Myself i want him out but another poor result and pretty much the whole Amex crowd will turn on him

el punal

Doubt he's thinking very much beyond how much longer his current mug punter chairman will keep on paying him, how much his pay-off will be and where's the next mug punter chairman coming from.

Slack-jawed managerially-worthless c*nt. No offence.

Not that it's likely to happen, but just suppose everything comes good starting from tomorrow's game against Millwall to the end of the season, that comment could come back to haunt you.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
The irony of you calling me a numpty. :lolol: there is no excuse for personal abuse aimed at Hyppia, nobody has defended his management we all know his job is in severe danger, doesn't make it ok to call another person a c*nt though.

As far as I'm aware Bloom hasn't been called a **** for the woeful recruitment in the summer.

Please point out in this thread where I've used vulgar language?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here