Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McBusted

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It appears that most people on here are orientated by the music industry and records and just wondered if the majority thought, as I do, that McFly was better before the merger.
Sod it, I'll give you an actual, genuine, answer.

I believe that in this very specific instance you and I are on the same page. Prior to the merging of the two bands McFly had almost managed to shake off the 'boyband' tag completely as they had started just playing whatever they felt like rather than just doing it by the numbers. This was probably due to the age of the fan base that they had at the time (my other half being one, late twenties and loves them, explaining my own knowledge on the subject) and their own natural maturation as a band. They were less 'poppy' than when they began and had the ability to actually produce half-decent songs.

Busted never had this experience as their time at the 'top' was based on a few formulaic, yet catchy, tunes followed by a band split and everyone forgetting about them, barring the fact that one of them had massive eyebrows.

Now that they're one group it seems that the McFly half have brought themselves back down to the level of pre-split Busted, hence the rubbish songs and looking like they're too old to be in their own videos. I personally can only assume that it's due to Busted not knowing anything different and the McFly boys wanting to feel younger again.

But then, hey, what do I know?

(Bet you weren't expecting an answer like that were you?)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
As I have a son who was 10 or 12 at the time I know the answer. Which is, Busted were much better on their own, all because of the guy that isn't with them any more. Tune. ( I'm older than Ben's Granddad.)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

I believe that in this very specific instance you and I are on the same page. Prior to the merging of the two bands McFly had almost managed to shake off the 'boyband' tag completely as they had started just playing whatever they felt like rather than just doing it by the numbers. This was probably due to the age of the fan base that they had at the time (my other half being one, late twenties and loves them, explaining my own knowledge on the subject) and their own natural maturation as a band. They were less 'poppy' than when they began and had the ability to actually produce half-decent songs.

Busted never had this experience as their time at the 'top' was based on a few formulaic, yet catchy, tunes followed by a band split and everyone forgetting about them, barring the fact that one of them had massive eyebrows.

Now that they're one group it seems that the McFly half have brought themselves back down to the level of pre-split Busted, hence the rubbish songs and looking like they're too old to be in their own videos. I personally can only assume that it's due to Busted not knowing anything different and the McFly boys wanting to feel younger again.

I have to agree and for the first time ever, BG is talking sense.
My daughter is nearly 18 and McFly are still her heroes and she has seen them numerous times, and me and the Mrs took her to her 1st concert at Wembley Arena to see them and if the 7000 kids had buggered off I would have really enjoyed their concert.
They are actually very good musically, they write original material and play their own instruments rather than do cover versions to a backing track.
As BG says, they are not as good since teaming up with Busted, but my daughter tells me they might be releasing a new album just as McFly again.
So boring as the thread is, it is probably the most accurate and valid post BG has ever written.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It appears that most people on here are orientated by the music industry and records and just wondered if the majority thought, as I do, that McFly was better before the merger.

Me too, although i am not sure really, before, now, in a few years time.......Maybe McFly could go back to the future.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

I also, strange as it may seem to me, agree with BG on this occasion. My daughter had a McFly best of and it actually had a couple of decent-ish tracks on it. But all that now seems a long time ago (as, perhaps, it was).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
NSC will be a far better place now that your personal thoughts have been shared with everyone, on a dedicated thread about "McBusted" I just hope you get all the thanks that is deserved,

Sadly, not many people bother to express their opinions on important subjects like this, you have! so well done :thumbsup: I am sure this thread will inspire others to do the same. in fact, already this has started people to ask questions................If Mcfly, Busted, Take That, Boyzone,and One Direction formed a boyband super group, would they be called, Takedirection,bustedflyboy.

Leave BG alone. He has just as much right to post on here as anyone.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Boy bands and another one and another one...and another one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here