Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crouch

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
But it's well known that Durham is a tiresome tool.

A tiresome tool he may be but in the eyes of the Talksport management he must be doing something right, to survive numerous cuts/culls and still be there over ten years later.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Crouch is one of the few that actually looks like he loves football and realises how lucky he is. Some of us had to pay a fiver to play!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure I read something a few years ago that said that our win ratio when he played was ridiculously high - a combination of his goals and his knock-down assists. Can you assist [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] ?

I don't think the win rate is notable high. It's fractions away from 65% with him or with out him over his England career. I think he has a good scoring record, especially if you discount those five minute sub appearances.

And playing shit teams

You can only beat what is put in front of you. In Crouch's case, this included Germany, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, When given a chance he produced, it's not his fault England managers didn't give him more chances, he just wasn't fashionable enough. There are a lot of players that I think would have produced the goods but were overlooked because they weren't fashionable/don't play for a top four club.

Dec 29, 2011
False.

goals-per-opportunity.png

http://www.ongoalsscored.com/2011/08/07/the-peter-crouch-myth/

Them results aren't robust, they don't even account for friendlies.

I did a bit of number crunching myself and his minutes per goal in competitive matches is over double the minutes per goal in friendlies. If there was a way to combine quality of side and the importance of a match, you'd get a much clearer understanding. The link posted has done a semi-good job in trying to analyse the situation, but it's far from conclusive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here