Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You can remove one person from the employment of the Albion NOW. Who do you choose?

Who would you choose to sack from the Albion now?

• Sami Hyypia (Manager)

Votes: 84 63.6%
  • Nathan Jones (Assistant head coach)

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Joaquin Gomez (First team coach)

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • David Burke (Head of football operations)

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • Paul Barber (Chief executive)

Votes: 10 7.6%

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
who the f*ck is joaquin gomez? :lolol:

Gomez was a coach with the U16's in the Poyet days at the time when the U16's went 13 games unbeaten and all bar 2 of the youngsters were released. He was promoted to 1st team. The head coach who was with the FA oversees Joaquin and the others. ...i think he should go. Joaquin is a good coach.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Gomez was a coach with the U16's in the Poyet days at the time when the U16's went 13 games unbeaten and all bar 2 of the youngsters were released. He was promoted to 1st team.

Not the mercenary cocaine smuggler from Colombia then?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The person with the big bunch of keys that opens the Amex on matchdays, who in a fit of pique at being goonered, chucks them into a 3/4 set trough of wet concrete, so people don't have to be put through the wringer come Friday night...

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Hyppia is totally out of his depth but for me it would be Burke. His handling of first team recruitment has been appalling. He will do far more damage in the long run.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In the here and now, Hyypia has to go.

Once that happens, hopefully the new bod will bring in his own assistant (and eventually a good Chief Scout) and NJ can be re-assigned to another role (whatever that might be).
The new manager will be one who can get the best out of the current squad - just about enough to save us from relegation - then, by the end of the season, Burke's role can be re-assessed. Part of his job is apparently to do with the academy and academy status and all that, which most people seem to think he's done OK. So, let him keep that part of the job (with that part of his salary) and then set up a proper scouting system, answerable directly to the manager.

So - Hyypia first (sorry Sami - I was really hopeful when you were appointed, but.......) then sort out the rest.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
PS I know that's hard on Sami, because he was set up to fail by the failings of the recruitment set up - but the overhaul has got to start somewhere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Regardless of perceived limitations everyone on your list is at least trying to do what they are being paid for.

There is one person at the club who has been collecting big wages for doing nothing for the last two years.

Why can't I vote for Mr Agustien?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Problem is bigger than Sami, but he does have enough not for us to be bottom 3. So I've gone for him Burke would be a very close second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here