Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm on 505 (again)

Feb 14, 2010
That sums up 505, some bloke called up about Burgess Hill being unbeaten in their league. Silence from the panel. They have no idea these presenters, Danny Baker would have been all over that.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Trying to get on Talksport now-----unfortunately I've had a bottle of New Zealands FINEST in the last hour so I may sound sober:ohmy:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
More carelessness on your part: I clearly stated that I do NOT have a crossbow. However, my kids have Nerf guns, but they are not powerful enough to propel objects across the parish boundary.

I apologise for my lack of form today. If you could just see your way to shooting something with a Nerf gun then we can draw a line under all these sordid misunderstandings. Lessons for me to build upon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was listening whilst shelling my fresh crabclaws. That's my MOTD snack.
Fair play for phoning in, but I had an inward CRINGE when you mentioned the "world class players" we have here. It made me drop my nutcrackers. Christ.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was listening whilst shelling my fresh crabclaws. That's my MOTD snack.
Fair play for phoning in, but I had an inward CRINGE when you mentioned the "world class players" we have here. It made me drop my nutcrackers. Christ.

Did you drop them on your nuts?

SDG

May 26, 2014
Sorry mate, boring call. You said nothing that would wake anyone up. You should have said, its Brighton, we get 29000 at home to Fulham and (as brian clough would have said) the players, manager and director of football need shooting. I bloody hope you dont work for the bbc but given the drivel on my telly, I think you might.

Just for completion purposes.

Palace had 1200 at Derby when we were in 21st place. Just so you know that for your stat-based analysis.

Feb 14, 2010
Just for completion purposes.

Palace had 1200 at Derby when we were in 21st place. Just so you know that for your stat-based analysis.

Was that during your mild version of troubles a couple of years back when you stayed up at Shef W ? Not sure what your point is, Ive been to many games in the lower leagues with over 2/3000 with the albion. Away turn outs depend on many things. Importance of the game, distance (and of course Derby is 40 odd miles closer to you than the Albion) what has happened in the recent history ect ect.

SDG

May 26, 2014
Was that during your mild version of troubles a couple of years back when you stayed up at Shef W ? Not sure what your point is, Ive been to many games in the lower leagues with over 2/3000 with the albion. Away turn outs depend on many things. Importance of the game, distance (and of course Derby is 40 odd miles closer to you than the Albion) what has happened in the recent history ect ect.

Nice excuse.

You had some big away crowds in this division for a couple of years.

Reason: You hadn't played at 75% of the stadiums for 5+ years. And 23,000 of your fans didn't exist back then.

2nd worst following in the division this week. Poor.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Point of order, it would take us longer to get to the M23/M25 junction.

Feb 14, 2010
Nice excuse.

Reason: You hadn't played at 75% of the stadiums for 5+ years. And 23,000 of your fans didn't exist back then.

Run along. Brighton have always had big crowds for the division they have been in and before the 80s decline were the 10/11th best supported club in the country. We are again. You had a support that could rival it once. After your excellent success in the last 30 years compared to ours, I really have no idea where the palace support has vanished to but these days you do need top flight football to get over 14,000, sorry 16000 with your free tickets through the door. Its just how it is.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Nice excuse.

2nd worst following in the division this week. Poor.

I don't want to get embroiled in an attendance thread, but most clubs would be hard pressed to jump on the bandwagon of increased attendances when the Goldstone was not child friendly, Gillingham was in a different county and Withdean was more suited to athletic meets.

Granted, a new venue tends to see an upsurge in support. Hell, you've increased your attendances by 25% in the last year.

We were the second worst following this week, but numbers don't equate distance travelled. Leeds vs Bradford will be larger than Plymouth vs Hartlepool, amazingly.

I couldn't care less about traveling numbers. I simply wanted to put you straight.

Had your club been through what we had, you'd feel a little different.

Whilst most clubs enjoyed a renaissance from the grisly 80s - you know, when Selhurst was a little empty - we had an ownership compelled to make some money and destroy us.

Your financial woes amounted to paying Italian superstars money and then deciding not to pay moneys due. Your 30 whatever boast in the top two divisions is dull and conceited.

Dec 29, 2011
Is 505 the same as 606? I was listening last Saturday when a Brighton fan called in about Hyypia. Savage and the host were completely silent when the point was made, they have absolutely no clue about anything outside the Premier League. Luckily Savage remembered Bent moved to Brighton, and he was back in his Premier League comfort zone. After asking how Bent played, they swiftly moved on.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I don't want to get embroiled in an attendance thread, but most clubs would be hard pressed to jump on the bandwagon of increased attendances when the Goldstone was not child friendly, Gillingham was in a different county and Withdean was more suited to athletic meets.

Granted, a new venue tends to see an upsurge in support. Hell, you've increased your attendances by 25% in the last year.

We were the second worst following this week, but numbers don't equate distance travelled. Leeds vs Bradford will be larger than Plymouth vs Hartlepool, amazingly.

I couldn't care less about traveling numbers. I simply wanted to put you straight.

Had your club been through what we had, you'd feel a little different.

Whilst most clubs enjoyed a renaissance from the grisly 80s - you know, when Selhurst was a little empty - we had an ownership compelled to make some money and destroy us.

Your financial woes amounted to paying Italian superstars money and then deciding not to pay moneys due. Your 30 whatever boast in the top two divisions is dull and conceited.

Are you in business on your own behalf? If so may I make so bold as to suggest a change of name, as you seem a tad vulnerable under the Trade Descriptions Act.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Are you in business on your own behalf? If so may I make so bold as to suggest a change of name, as you seem a tad vulnerable under the Trade Descriptions Act.

He didn't mean it as a bit of fun.

I'm not suggesting we are as brilliant as WCP would have us to be, but simply comparing attendances is rubbish. I couldn't care less if we averaged more than Blyth Spartans or whoever, but I wanted to point out that there are mitigating circumstances and that goes for all clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here