hyypia-051214-ld229-2126062_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
09:00 6th December 2014
by Mollie Bennett
When you play a good side away from home, you need to be clinical both ways."
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia believes his side needs to be more clinical at both ends of the pitch ahead of today’s clash with Derby County.
Albion have scored eight and conceded nine in their last five league games ahead of today’s trip to Derby and Hyypia said, “As an old defender I would like us to keep clean sheets all the time and that’s one thing we need to concentrate on.
“When we concentrate more on the defensive side then we can defend better and we won’t concede as many goals.
“That doesn’t take anything out of our offensive play though, in both ways you need to do well to get results.
“Especially in this game. When you play a good side away from home, you need to be clinical both ways.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Finn went on to explain the importance of the senior players within his squad, after extending both Gordon Greer and Bruno’s contracts this week.
“It’s very important that the attitude of senior players in training is correct and both of them have a great attitude.
“They are good examples for the younger players who are coming in and the attitude you need to have for a long career.
“It’s very important every year to keep the core of the team together and build on that.
“We are talking to many players but at the moment the focus for me is to turn things around and that’s the main thing on my mind.
“The focus is now on making the situation better for us and then we can turn our thoughts ahead to more extensions.” [h=3]ALBION V MILLWALL
[/h] FRIDAY 12TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h] friday 26th december, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v BRENTFORD
[/h] SATURDAY 17TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here