Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] NICK'S SPECIAL DAY

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
clayton-031214-l229-2122018_478x359.jpg

Nick Clayton with the Albion women team.
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
16:02 3rd December 2014
by James Hilsum
He was such a happy boy and a massive breath of fresh air in that dressing room."
Jay Blackie

Blatchington Mill School pupil Nick Clayton enjoyed a special day when he became Brighton & Hove Albion women’s team mascot for the match against Queens Park Rangers at Culver Road last month.Captain Jay Blackie is a learning development officer at the school and Nick was given the opportunity to walk out alongside the skipper ahead of the 2-0 win over Rangers on 9th November.
Nick suffers from a kidney disease and has to make several trips to hospital each week, but Blackie described the lasting impact that he had on the whole squad and hopes to welcome him back to Culver Road very soon.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “It was fantastic being able to walk out with Nick and it was the first time I’ve ever met him.
“He was such a happy boy and a massive breath of fresh air in that dressing room. All the girls adored him, he was constantly cracking jokes with us and everyone felt really inspired by him.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

“The school was so grateful and couldn’t believe that I had arranged this opportunity, even though it wasn’t a hard thing for me to do.“I spoke to his Mum and Nick after the QPR game and both said they wanted to come back to a game soon. He still has the kit we gave him and is always welcome to come down and be a mascot again.”
Albion women are next in action at home to Cardiff City at Culver Road this Sunday, 2pm kick-off. There is free entry to all Albion season-ticket holders on production of their card and children under-16, otherwise admission is priced at £3 for adults.
[h=3]ALBION V MILLWALL
[/h]FRIDAY 12TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]friday 26th december, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v BRENTFORD
[/h]SATURDAY 17TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here