Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] WOMEN EDGE PAST NEWCASTLE

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
gurr-131014-l229-2013685_478x359.jpg

Charlotte Gurr scored against Newcastle.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
18:59 30th November 2014
by James Hilsum
I want to congratulate the girls on a fantastic performance. "
Dan Wright

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s coach Dan Wright praised the side’s determination after a 1-0 extra-time win over Newcastle United in the Premier League Cup.Charlotte Gurr’s late free-kick was enough to claim a sixth consecutive victory and a place in the last eight of the competition.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I want to congratulate the girls on a fantastic performance. It was a dogged display because they were a decent and very physical side.
“Gurrsy [Gurr] scored with a great free-kick from 25 yards out, which no goalkeeper would have had a chance of saving.
“We dominated the majority of the game and Faye [Baker] did not have much to do. Their goalkeeper made some great saves and we couldn’t take our chances to make it a comfortable 3-0 or 4-0 victory.
“But the girls just kept going and we managed to pull a result of the bag in the end.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Wright says one of the most pleasing aspects of the win was the players’ fitness, managing to stay on top of their opponents for 120 minutes.“When we went into extra-time, you could see that our fitness was sharp and it shows that the work which myself, Ed [Stimpson] and James [Marrs] are doing on the training ground is paying off.
“The result is another confidence booster for the girls and you could see the improvement in the overall team performance as the match wore on.
“Today’s win has got nothing to do with me and all the credit should be given to the girls for their fighting spirit.”
[h=3]ALBION V MILLWALL
[/h]FRIDAY 12TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]friday 26th december, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v BRENTFORD
[/h]SATURDAY 17TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here