Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog STABBED to death by Police

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not a dangerous breed. In the same way a bread knife isn't particularly dangerous in your kitchen drawer I suppose.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
No drugs were found at the address and no arrests were made.

rnngTAt.jpg

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
While I am an absolute dog lover, I'm not sure what the alternative for the police was. Is there a trick to get the dog to unclamp its jaws that they weren't aware of? It's not like they jumped to stabbing the dog, they tried non-lethal force initially. Of course it would probably have been better to try and ascertain whether or not a dog was present first and have dog handlers present in case something like this happened, and I'd like to know whether or not any effort was made to establish that fact.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
While I am an absolute dog lover, I'm not sure what the alternative for the police was. Is there a trick to get the dog to unclamp its jaws that they weren't aware of? It's not like they jumped to stabbing the dog, they tried non-lethal force initially. Of course it would probably have been better to try and ascertain whether or not a dog was present first and have dog handlers present in case something like this happened, and I'd like to know whether or not any effort was made to establish that fact.

According to the national dog breeders council of SA, the only ways to get the dog to release are to use a stun gun, choke the dog using a choke chain or squirt fizzy drinks, vinegar or ice cold water up it's nostril.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Waiting for the dog loving brigade to start up with their usual guff - personally I think dogs are really working animals and making them purely pets will always lead to incidences of terrifying aggression . I have witnessed a couple of dog attacks on innocent members if public as well as more regular episodes of intimidation often when I have been playing football with my son in local park.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This. Don't see an issue.

Can't see the issue in these circumstances.

:shrug:

Agreed - had no choice.

Although, note that no drugs were found in the raid. I can imagine that the dog owner might (despite his failure to control his animal) claim against the police for the loss of his 'pet' if this turned out to be a case of bad info / wrong address?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think they used the only way out that was available, they couldn't wait for a vet to come and euthanase it, and I would not want a standard firearms officer shooting it in case of a bullet going through the floor. Seemed the only way out,one less Satan,Tyson or Lucifer in the world though which is a good thing.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
At dog training once I was told that the only way was to hold a cigarette lighter under it if you were brave enough.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Taser it, whilst it would give the poor officer a jolt surely said dog would have leapt off? Poor guy, hope he's not too badly hurt.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Well over the top stabbing the dog to death. All you need to do is get the front legs and rip them apart which will kill it outright without being a sociopath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here