wright-271114-l229-2109244_478x359.jpg

Dan Wright
Image by: Tom Irving

PUBLISHED
19:53 27th November 2014
by James Hilsum
I’m just pleased to get another chance in the hotseat."
Dan Wright

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s coach Dan Wright is set to take charge of the side for their Premier League Cup tie away at Newcastle United on Sunday, 2pm kick-off.
Wright will manage Albion against the Magpies, as first-team manager James Marrs has agreed to let the coach take the reins in some of the cup competitions.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “James and I had a discussion and he wanted me to take charge of a few cup games throughout the season to get a feel for the job.
“He is one of the best coaches I have ever worked with and he has helped me develop massively this season. I am learning so much from him and the aim is to reach the level he is at one day.
“I’m just pleased to get another chance in the hotseat. I thoroughly enjoyed my first time in the County Cup against Wivelsfield, so I’m looking forward to it again.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Albion team are due to fly to Sunday’s match against the Tynesiders instead of making the arduous coach journey north, in what will be the team’s first competitive match in three weeks.
“It’s a new experience for the girls being able to fly to a game as normally we travel the day before on a coach if it’s a long away trip, but it’s hard to tell whether this will be an advantage going into Sunday.
“The lack of game time in recent weeks has been frustrating, but the intensity in training has been spot on and everyone is looking forward to the game.
“We take every game seriously and we won’t be treating it any differently to a league or an FA Cup match. We feel that we have a good chance of progressing quite far in this competition, but know that Newcastle are going to be tough opponents.”
The Seagulls go into the match with no fresh injury concerns, as Danielle Carlton and Vicky Ashton-Jones are both recovering well after long-term knee injuries.
“We’re looking as strong as ever and both Danielle and Vicky have been getting game time in the development squad.
“Myself and James will discuss the final squad nearer to the game, but we are confident that any team we put out is going to be strong and competitive.”[h=3]ALBION V fulham
[/h]SaturDAY 29TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V millwall
[/h]friday 12th december, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v reading
[/h]fRiDAY 26TH decEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here