moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I'm after a 3D tv but no good deals so far

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Tesco.com must have gone mental at midnight. Been trying for 30 minutes and in a queue. Looking for either PS4 or Xbox one deal using my tesco points (gained using credit card for fuel, would never shop there).

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Just gone on to Argos.co.uk to order a slow cooker and there websites mental. Black Friday is bollocks- all I want is a bloody slow cooker!!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can't get on to the Curry's or Argos web site, I'm ok for Amazon but there is nothing I want there. Remember folks, it's only a bargain if you need it, if not you have been the victim of clever marketing.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Police called to 'Black Friday' supermarket crowds

Police have been called to more than 10 UK supermarkets amid crowd surges as people hunt for "Black Friday" offers.
Greater Manchester Police appealed for calm after attending five Tesco stores, making "at least two" arrests, and a Trafford store was closed shortly after the sale began at 00:01 GMT on Friday.
Police went to three Tescos and an Asda in London, and South Wales Police were called to a number of Tesco stores.
Originating in the US, Black Friday is becoming a major UK shopping day.
Police in Manchester tweeted: "At least two people arrested at #BlackFriday sales events already this morning. Keep calm people!"
In London, police were called by both Tesco staff and queuing shoppers as people gathered at the Glover Drive store in Edmonton.
Officers also attended Tesco stores in Willesden and Surrey Quays and an Asda in Edgware at around midnight.
The Metropolitan Police said officers worked with staff to "ensure that sale-goers were able to enter and exit the stores safely", and said no-one had been injured "as a result of the overcrowding".
In South Wales, police said they were called by concerned staff at a number of Tesco stores.
A spokesman said officers were twice called to Tesco in Excelsior Road, Cardiff, just after midnight, when concerns were raised about customer conduct inside the shop. No arrests were made.
Black Friday - historically the big sales day in America that follows the Thanksgiving holiday - has been adopted by an increasing number of shops in the UK.
It was brought over by online store Amazon four years ago after internet shoppers noticed the US got the best deals.
Tesco has previously said it expects Black Friday to beat Boxing Day sales in 2014.
Its 24-hour stores began selling a minute after midnight, and extra staff have been laid on in some areas.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I can't get on to the Curry's or Argos web site, I'm ok for Amazon but there is nothing I want there. Remember folks, it's only a bargain if you need it, if not you have been the victim of clever marketing.

Exactly. It's only a bargain if you need it. Quite frankly this whole Black Friday thing passes me by. Another "day" that has crept into our culture for no reason other than sales.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The first 10 people coming out of Sainsbury's, this morning were all carrying TV's.

£149.99 for the 40 inch Blankput (sp)
£89.99 for the 32 inch Celcus :shrug:

90 quid for a 32" HD LED Freeview TV with a years guarantee.
It seemed rude not to buy one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here