Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS still loves us

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
http://youtu.be/ol-nvfhJhfU

Refreshing to hear a loanee state he still wants to go back to his parent club to win his place back.

Hopefully a few goals down at the posh will install renewed confidence into his game.

Whilst he's not what we all hoped I do still think he has something to offer

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yep as I have said many times, anyone that does not think plenty of Championship clubs would be interested in CMS is clueless.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep as I have said many times, anyone that does not think plenty of Championship clubs would be interested in CMS is clueless.

They'd only end up disappointed, he doesn't have the ball control, the speed, or the guile of a Championship striker. I'm bored with hearing how we haven't played to his strengths, he looks uncomfortable at this level when he gets the ball. I can think of maybe 5 occasions when he looked quality in the whole time he's been here.

Being a really nice guy isn't enough for £3.5 million.

*clueless*

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
They'd only end up disappointed, he doesn't have the ball control, the speed, or the guile of a Championship striker. I'm bored with hearing how we haven't played to his strengths, he looks uncomfortable at this level when he gets the ball. I can think of maybe 5 occasions when he looked quality in the whole time he's been here.

Being a really nice guy really isn't enough for £3.5 million.

*clueless*

I like his effort and commitment but I can't deny having to agree with someone here who said his second touch is invariabely a tackle

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I think in the right formation he can still do a job in the championship. Out of all our forwards I would still say he would the most goals if you played him for ten games. That might be only three though!

With Bent here though I can see why he has gone. Will be interesting to see what happens of he bangs a fee in whilst there which I suspect he will. Pretty sure they will try to sign him back in January and as he is out of contract in the summer I suspect he will go.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
CMS is not a footballer for modern (Albion) championship managers. He tries to do a job upfront alone, but he's far better playing close to a strike partner. If CMS had been next to Murray or Ulloa he would've scored a hatful. But he would've never been next to a target man. It's a circular reference.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

*clueless*

Although I agree, there may be an element of confidence involved maybe? The guy has played a certain way for 3 years at Peterborough, signed for Brighton and was told we'd build the team around him, and then steadfastly refused to adapt in any way to his style of play. Surely that would knock the confidence of a goalscorer, especially as he's not scoring as much as he'd like.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Let's hope a knocks a load in and comes back with renewed confidence. Can't fault his commitment.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Although I agree, there may be an element of confidence involved maybe? The guy has played a certain way for 3 years at Peterborough, signed for Brighton and was told we'd build the team around him, and then steadfastly refused to adapt in any way to his style of play. Surely that would knock the confidence of a goalscorer, especially as he's not scoring as much as he'd like.

Agree. He had frustrating 1 1/2 seasons under Gus, where it was clear to see that he wasn't given the service. Hopefully Ferguson will give him back the confidence that Poyet took away.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I'd love you to be right, I have never wanted a player to succeed more. However basic ball skills and strength on the ball are essential in the Championship, especially for a striker. Not convinced he has them. Feeling the same way about Baldock so far too :down:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'd love you to be right, I have never wanted a player to succeed more. However basic ball skills and strength on the ball are essential in the Championship, especially for a striker. Not convinced he has them. Feeling the same way about Baldock so far too :down:

I see SO many similarities between Baldock and CMS. I like Baldock though, he's an intelligent footballer but does lack any sense of physicality which will make it very difficult for him to succeed especially when we continue to play in a way that doesn't suit.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Do Peterborough play 2 strikers up front? If so, he will score a few I'm sure. Could do well in the Championship if he had the right strike partner. Sadly, that is unlikely to happen with us, so maybe Posh is his best option for the future.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He is linked back up with Aaron McLean many suggested on here we should have signed him when Poyet was here and then got the best out of both

Keeping Murray was the alternative and in retrospect better suggestion at the time

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Let's hope a knocks a load in and comes back with renewed confidence. Can't fault his commitment.

Absolutely this - I can't think of many other Albion players that I've really wanted to see succeed as much as I do with CMS.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

*clueless*

Played with a partner I believe he would be more than decent in this division, I actually think his goal return for us is pretty good considering the service we provide.

Baldock is currently doing a good job of showing that CMS is in fact half decent.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here