Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady gone [to Sheffield United on loan]

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Would you like to list his good ones and perhaps define why you think they are good?

It's been done before. Besides, you're only going to disagree with him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You'd have thought so. I know it's only for a month but not sure too many Championship squads exist on just two recognised strikers.

CMS hasn't gone yet, officially, has he? I suspect this all depends on an incoming, as Bent is the O'Grady switch.

Although we may be waiting on a perm striker from overseas in January.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do no think that we will or need to replace COG, CMS and Fenelon with anybody else other than Bent. We have sufficient resources to cover a short term injury or suspension with our existing squad. While we are at lets send Halford back a complete money grabbing donkey.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Well you see I have not got the benefit of Scout 7 David, so in a way I am like many of us it appears a good signing.

Well done. It does appear to be a good signing. And a bit of a coup, don't you think? Irrespective of whether it works or not, it would be nice to think that some credit can go to the club for arranging it. It is now over to the player and management staff to get the best out of him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ah yes, the classic perception.

All the bad signings are Burke's and any good transfers were the work of others.

:facepalm:

Yes thats not perception. Its my opinion. And to be honest yet to be DISPROVED.

This is the man who "let go" the scout who found Ulloa because "he didnt need him"...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought it was seen, as a time, as a low-cost investment that, if it didn't work out, wasn't the end of the world. I also seem to recall some confusion (because of the timings) leading to people thinking he was Leo's replacement. You never know what might happen - Bent is here to try and get some goals and he could go back and get into the Villa team. Who's to say the same might not happen with COG, and/or CMS.

I'm not saying it will, just putting it out there.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Well done. It does appear to be a good signing. And a bit of a coup, don't you think? Irrespective of whether it works or not, it would be nice to think that some credit can go to the club for arranging it. It is now over to the player and management staff to get the best out of him.

It could work out to be like Bobby Smith back in the 60's or Robbie Savage in the Withdean days, they were both consider a coup by the club, which are you putting your money on David?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here