Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** the Official Best Xmas Pudding Thread ***

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My wife came home with two of Morrisons puds today and told me they had been voted the best on the market this year. I asked her by whom - going into a Rhod Gilbert like tirade - but she had no idea but had been told that was the word on the pud grapevine.
Quite a claim I thought so I had to Google it and yes there it is, they have been voted the best in a blind tasting by several notable chefs....................... And it's all there in the Daily Mail and the Guardian. They even beat Fortnum and Masons festive offering.

So for 3.99 get in there unless you know different.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My wife came home with two of Morrisons puds today and told me they had been voted the best on the market this year. I asked her by whom - going into a Rhod Gilbert like tirade - but she had no idea but had been told that was the word on the pud grapevine.
Quite a claim I thought so I had to Google it and yes there it is, they have been voted the best in a blind tasting by several notable chefs....................... And it's all there in the Daily Mail.

So for 3.99 get in there unless you know different.

I'm always too STUFFED to have :xmas: pudding

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm always too STUFFED to have :xmas: pudding

You HAVE to have Christmas pudding, you just have to, even if you're drifting in and out of consciousness because you've eaten so much.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I prefer a nice trifle, Christmas pudding is for the Dickensian workers doing 18 hour days and a 40 year life span. Pointless when 25% of the population is alredy classed as Obese.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Don't like the stuff. Much prefer mince pies with warm cream or custard

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I prefer a nice trifle, Christmas pudding is for the Dickensian workers doing 18 hour days and a 40 year life span. Pointless when 25% of the population is alredy classed as Obese.

Trifle comes after the Xmas pud.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't like the stuff. Much prefer mince pies with warm cream or custard

I don't like Christmas cake, Christmas pudding or mince pies.

By rights, I should come out of the festive season thinner than anybody else. Doesn't seem to work out that way, oddly.

Christmas puddings require long-term planning. Here at Bracknell Towers, we always buy our puddings from Harvey's and store them for a year before eating the beauties. They fester wonderfully.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In an independent tasting LIDL came out top Fortnum & Masons nearly bottom. I love Christmas Pudding and mince pies which I go by my mothers superstition that for each different make of mince pie you ate you would get a months good luck so always have 12 different ones over Christmas. I also make the Christmas cake in February for the next year.

I googled the best for 2014. Each different reviewer had a different pudding some said LIDL some said Aldi but most said Tesco finest. Didnt notice 1 that said Morrisons but then I am biased as I dont like Morrisons as I have had so much bad food we have had to take back when still in date but gone off especially meat.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I ruddy love a good Yule Log.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
still bunged up luvvy ?

No, I'm fine. If ever I am bunged up a friend reccomends a dish of lightly braised Mussels to alleviate it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No, I'm fine. If ever I am bunged up a friend reccomends a dish of lightly braised Mussels to alleviate it.

Oh yes they worked. Smelt of the sea.... before and after. A certain person wasnt that happy about his facilities being used though. Thank God his place was on the way home.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Another one in the "can't stand Xmas pud, cake or mince pies" camp here.

Trifle and brandy snaps for us :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Another one in the "can't stand Xmas pud, cake or mince pies" camp here.

Trifle and brandy snaps for us :thumbsup:

Welcome to Team Trifle :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here