Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS loan to Posh

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If I were a championship manager I would of been put off by his record in the Championship with Posh and with us he didn't do much better. We had a 20 goal a season striker in Murray and for some reason Poyet didn't really rate him yet he signed Barn Door Billy on loan :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If I were a championship manager I would of been put off by his record in the Championship with Posh and with us he didn't do much better. We had a 20 goal a season striker in Murray and for some reason Poyet didn't really rate him yet he signed Barn Door Billy on loan :facepalm:

Murray had 22 goals that season and Macca had 33. The following season Macca scored more than Murray in the Championship. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
He's had his moments. That second goal against Burnley back in Sept 2012 still remains the best finish I've ever seen by a Brighton player (the first goal he scored that day was tidy as as well). It was a travesty that that goal wasn't voted Goal of the Season; although it may have been because only about 350 Brighton fans were there to see it live.

he ran around alot and is nice on twitter. I still havent forgiven him for the last minute miss against burnley when we had 9 players. In truth I loved CMS and have never wanted an Albion player to succeed more. It then dawned on me that he isnt very good and being a nice bloke who tries hard isnt worth £2.5million smackers....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sad to see him go as I think that he has been under used and with Baldock could be a success. What fee can we realistic expect to receive for him? My estimate would be £4-500k top whack. Talking to a friend he reckoned £1m.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Murray had 22 goals that season and Macca had 33. The following season Macca scored more than Murray in the Championship. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Wasn't Murray injured for practically the whole of that season after we let him go? Lest we forget what happened the season after as well :nono:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I am sad to see him go as I think that he has been under used and with Baldock could be a success. What fee can we realistic expect to receive for him? My estimate would be £4-500k top whack. Talking to a friend he reckoned £1m.

He's out of contract in the summer so no way a million quid.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
he ran around alot and is nice on twitter. I still havent forgiven him for the last minute miss against burnley when we had 9 players. In truth I loved CMS and have never wanted an Albion player to succeed more. It then dawned on me that he isnt very good and being a nice bloke who tries hard isnt worth £2.5million smackers....

Totally agree. CMS escaped a lot of the flack the likes of Barnes had to endure due to his knack of engaging with the fans, always being last off the pitch, applauding those who stay to the end. He felt like one of them…or us.

On the pitch he ran around a lot but is generally not as good a player as he is a bloke.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
No, he got his injury in the first leg of the playoffs against us.

I'm pretty certain Murray was either injured or not first choice for a fair portion of that season he only started 24 games that in 2011/12 & scored 6, CMS started 40 and scored 9. :thumbsup:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I'm pretty certain Murray was either injured or not first choice for a fair portion of that season he only started 24 games that in 2011/12 & scored 6, CMS started 40 and scored 9. :thumbsup:

Murray made 43 appearances that season for Palace. He wasn't injured for large parts of it. In his first season with Palace he simply wasn't considered good enough to start every game, and consequently made a lot of substitute appearances. He went 19 games without scoring a goal.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Sad to see him go, I really thought this was going to be his season to shine.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Murray made 43 appearances that season for Palace. He wasn't injured for large parts of it. In his first season with Palace he simply wasn't considered good enough to start every game, and consequently made a lot of substitute appearances. He went 19 games without scoring a goal.

43 appearances but only 20 odd starts. Still that's beside the point anyway, the way we played at the time CMS was never a good fit & we saw with Ulloa what having a top class target man did for us.

Don't get me wrong I like the bloke but for a number of reasons I think the signing was flawed from the beggining.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Out of contract on June 30th 2015 , the club will be extremely lucky to get any more than £300k for him in January with his recent injury record.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sad to see him go but that's football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here