Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

VHS

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Just read that Titanic was released on TWO x VHS tapes, as the movie was so long.

(And others too, inc Schindler's List and Gettysburg.)

Was this the case in the UK? Anyone remember this?

It was definitely just on one tape in the UK (worked at Woolies in Brighton when it first was released and they made a big fuss about it)

However some releases on VHS did come as a double VHS, but this would still have the film on just 1 tape and the 2nd tape was for the extras. (i think planet of the apes was released like this) It's a bit llike there are sometimes extras on a second disc when you buy DVDs.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Is that where they go and eat a meal with some French colonial family or something? Remember seeing that version once. Didn't add much for me.

It was part of the massive indulgence the production took on, Coppola
I

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.....demanded that the wine was served at the right temperature and that the 'actors' be genuine ex-pats. There's a superb documentary by FFC's wif e about the insane nature of the filming (Hearts of Darkness)
The

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
My eldest son watched his Crouching Tiger , Hidden Dragon DVD all the way through in Mandarin Chinese with subtitles and then I pointed out there was a English dubbed option in the audio sub menu :lol:

as already mentioned, maybe he preferred it this way. Would always choose sub titles over dubbing, it's horrible!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here